Anyone planning to visit the Residence Mauritius should totally ignore Ilya Volshin's ridiculous and vicious rant.
My partner and I who travel from Mallorca in the Balearic Islands have stayed here twice and are already planning a return visit this year.
We consider this to be one of the finest hotels we have stayed in and we have travelled extensively worldwide. Judging by the number of repeat guests we have met there, it's obvious other people think so too.
The attention to detail is second to none, it is spotless everywhere, we have never seen a cockroach or anything like it anywhere in the hotel. As for rats, perhaps she brought them with her!! The food is delicious, imaginative, with seafood on the menu, juices are freshly squeezed, and the service is attentive and genuine, always with a smile.
Personally we loved the Spa, and the beach is spotless as they clean it every day in front of the hotel. The beach is never crowded. Occasionally there are local people who come to celebrate a religious festival further down the beach. Most people would find this charming and a chance to witness colourful local culture.
Everything Ilya Volshin has said is total rubbish. The Residence has a fantastic team of extremely professional people led by Frederic Chretien, the general manager , a charming man who does not deserve to even read such fabricated lies about his hotel. I highly recommend that her comments should be erased!
I suggest Ilya stays in Transylvania where she is obviously much happier. Ignore every word she has said.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare