Abit late writing this review but this is one place worth writing about. We stayed at The Residence for our honeymoon for 10 nights and we had the a lovely, relaxing and peaceful time.
On arrival we were we were greeted by hotel staff with iced tea, the hotel reception is all open so you can see the sea as soon as you walk up the steps. As a honeymoon couple we were updgraded to a seaview suite, in our room awaited champagne, fruit, cakes and personal letter to us. You have you own butler to attend to you needs - even uppack for you and run you a bath. Rooms are very spacious, airy, clean and lovely marble bathrooms.
The restaurants in the hotel offer various foodand if you dont like whats on the menu then they will attend to your requirements. On our last day we were cooked an amazing meal as the staff got to know likes and dislikes so they adapted the meal to this - first class meal! Drinks are pricey but you are paying 5star prices. (for those beer lovers theres a village 5 mins down the down so you can stock up your mini fridge in your room)
Hotel is located on its own private beach with water sport facilties, we tried snorkling and the glass bottom boat - all free of charge.
A short taxi ride away you have a place called Centre De Flaq, which is bustling with shops, markets, restaurants. However dont order a taxi via the hotel as its 4 times the price of walking down the road to local shop and ordering a taxi.
Try out excursions, loads of loverly sites to see. Pamplemouse botanical gardens, Lord Shiva statue, Chamarel waterfall, volcanic equator........you will find giant turtles in most places you go to!
We went on the 2nd May and the weather was beautiful!!
Overall we had a brilliant time and you would to!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Residence Mauritius is situated on the east coast of Mauritius along a mile-long beach of immaculate white sand, fringed by the azure Indian Ocean and tropical gardens - an idyllic retreat for your unreserved relaxation. Inspired by the island's stately turn-of-the-century plantation houses, this luxury Mauritius resort blends modern elegance with classic, colonial style that envelops you in an endearing sense of nostalgia. Live like royalty in rooms that radiate luxurious comfort and charm, with attentive service worthy of the grand colonial houses of yesteryear. Dine on exotic cuisine that captures the incredible potpourri of island flavours. Discover new secrets to soulful relaxation within our serene spa sanctuary, and an endless playground of attractions and activities to be found in the island's unique mix of cultures and stunning landscapes. Whether you seek a romantic escape with your loved one or a spectacular beach getaway with your family, The Residence Mauritius will enthrall you under the warm glow of the Mauritian sun. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your The Residence Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Belle Mare
- Residence Hotel Belle Mare
- Residence Mauritius
- The Residence Mauritius Belle Mare