Long Beach Mauritius
$145
$186
$178
  • Breakfast included
Eden Villa Hotel Mauritius(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$58
$47
$354
$310
Hotels.com
Orchid Villas Mauritius(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$116
$66
Orbitz.com
Ambre Mauritius(Belle Mare)
$296
$287
  • Breakfast included
LUX* Belle Mare(Belle Mare)
$240
Emeraude Beach Attitude(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$78
Agoda.com
  • Pool
$462
$211
Priceline
Solana Beach(Belle Mare)(Great Value!)
$183
$122
2,929 results
All reviewsle marchejapanese restaurantshores bartides restaurantclimbing wallsea spasugar beachsports centrekids clubmain poolfamily roomsun resortsour honeymoonall inclusive packagecoffee machinesports facilitiesbeach front
Reviewed January 11, 2014

Great hotel, great location, phenomenal service - it will forever be a second home to me and my husband :) The hotel staff went beyond their call of duty to make us feel at home, and respond to ALL our needs in planning and having our wedding at Long Beach. The rooms are all sea facing, spacious with amazing outdoor spaces. The facilities provided by the hotel are amazing, heated pools in the winter, underwater walking experiences at the hotel's beach, and excursions to Ile Aux Cerf lagoon/island - the makings of a truly great holiday! I frequented the spa as much as I did the pool! The hotel staff, in particular, Daren, Vedasan, Jean-Michel, Dario, Navin, Chandan, Yusuf and others - hands off to you guys for being the BEST hotel staff I have ever had the pleasure to meet :) We will undoubtedly be back here!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Raishalal
Alessandro S, General Manager at Long Beach Mauritius, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2015

Dear Guest,

We do thank you for the time you kindly allocated in sharing your experience within our property and are very happy to know that you have had a wonderful stay at our resort.

It is with immense pleasure to read your kind reviews about our services and we are enchanted to be made aware that your holiday has been very enjoyable! We are also glad that some members of our team have been able to assist you to your delights which have been shared and recognized.

Please note that we are looking forward to welcome you back again on our property for another memorable vacation.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

We arrived for a week and left after one night... why? A quick snap shot...

This is not a bad hotel ... If you like MEGA complex hotels hence great for family get togethers and being at one with hundreds of people and the feeling of a well designed slightly chaotic theme park.

The good
1. Rooms are wonderful, contemporary and modern and relatively big
2. Beautifully designed throughout
3. A choice of restaurants on half board

The not so good
1. Massive and not in a good way - no wonder u can always get offers here
2. It's very very windy and most of the time when the sea is out you can't swim in the sea as it's rocky and very shallow
3. As it's so big, service is average at best - the sheer volume of people here makes it impossible to get service quality up.
4 . Food menus at the restaurants are tatty and poor not giving you a good feeling
5. Main piazza is like a part of London you would avoid at all costs...
6. Maybe good for families and groups but not couples ...

So .. For some this place will be a dream but if you like design and boutique - this is not a great hotel and avoid at all costs especially when the le prince Maurice has 1000 times better food for half board and is only 80 pounds a night more if you get a deal.

If you like big package holidays and loads of people everywhere. Then this could be your dream but note it's expensive so club med or similar May be better .... Everyone's different but this is so not for us.

hope you appreciate the honesty

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
9  Thank ChubsyBubsy

Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to provide us with your detailed comments following your recent stay at Long Beach.

Indeed your comments have been taken very much at heart, positive and constructive which we believe will certainly assist us in our ongoing efforts to improve.

Having said so, we wish to share with you that we have lengthily discussed the points raised with our F&B Manager whereby corrective and preventive measure have already been enhanced to attend to these issues. We are doing our level best to match our valued guests’ expectation.

We sincerely express our most profuse apologies and reassure you that we pay all our attention to your feedback and that we concentrate all our efforts in order to improve your experience.

We thank you for your review and hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back during your future travels to Mauritius.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I spent a week in December 2013 at Long Beach Hotel in Mauritius. We consider ourselves well travelled and have enjoyed most of our holidays and hotels stayed in. Our week spent at Long Beach Hotel was by far the best holiday ever experience. This 5 star hotel offers only the very best of everything. The staff - Navin (Manager), Veedasen (Executive Restaurant manager), Anil, and the 2 other staff - men in the buffet restaurant (apologies I forget their names) were absolutely brilliant. I would rate their service, kindness, generosity, politeness, pleasantness 200% and more.
Drinks at the hotel (bar and mini bar in the rooms) are really very expensive, ( a put off) but this we knew as we researched the hotel.
The cleaning staff were extremely pleasant, helpful and accommodating. The manager of cleaning (forget his name) would enquire daily if we were happy with the service and ensured that we were comfortable.
Special thanks to Navin (manager) for his brilliant service and Veedasen and his team for the delicious buffet prepared every night. The desserts were incredible. Veedasen I loved the Lamb Vindaloo (thank you).
I liked the idea of different restaurants to choose from. The meals at Hasu, Sopare and the seafood restaurant were just as good. Hasu was the best of the 3 restaurants.
The fitness centre is well equipped with very helpful staff, I especially liked the fact that they have an exercise program planned everyday. I enjoyed Taebo and my run on the beach with the trainers.
My highlight was the yoga in the afternoons. I thoroughly loved ending the day with yoga by Raj. He is very patient and knowledgeable about Yoga. I found it very relaxing and enjoyed learning breath control, simple meditation, and different body postures.

The reception and service received from the staff at Long Beach makes you want to revisit Mauritius every year.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank Sagnee

Dear Guest,

We do appreciate for the time you have assigned in sharing your reviews on Trip Advisor and we are extremely happy to know that we have been able to meet your expectation throughout your stay.

We are thrilled to read your reviews and we will ensure of maintaining the quality of the service. The satisfaction during your stay with us will be relayed to the housekeeping manager and the entire team.

It is important to us that during your stay, you are well entertained and can enjoy all the facilities that Long Beach offers in-house. We are glad that you had your fill of spirituality and peacefulness during your yoga sessions.

We sincerely hope to welcome you back again in the future for another magnificent stay.

Reviewed January 5, 2014

Summary: if you are offered <400-500 EURO per room of 3 — take it. If you pay more, you are likely to regret for choosing this hotel.

I've been there on 2012-2013 NYE with the family. Overall, I can say that hotel is VEERRY overpriced. It looks really nice on the outside, there is good kitchen, but staff is unprepared, and some trivial matters just knocked me out: I will never forget untouchable clothes hanger in the room here, considering price for 1200 EURO per night. I am assured that such small, trivial things show how is the hotel managed and how good it is.

I think it's better just to copy my mail to Aruna, quality assurance manager of this hotel. Just to mention, I didn't receive any answer.
////
We forgot to mention that you don't have any staff on the beach concerning towel management (?). In Dubai, with the price nearly twice as less, hotels always offer service for searching available sun lounger and covering them with towels.
In your hotel it's all done just like in low-mid class hotels: we have to take towels from the !room!, search for available loungers on the beach by ourselves and, at the end, take towels back to the room. We're assured that this situation is not possible in hotel (which's located in poor country) where 1 night costs ~ EURO 1200.

And I'd like to share 1 situation with you:
Once we booked japanese restaurant at your hotel. After dinner we found our umbrellas taken (there was a rain outside). I called the reception and asked them to solve this situation. The man called Damoran (or something like that) told me, that reception didn't do such things and I had to contact housekeeping and solve this situation alone. Only after assuring this person that I had recorded his name and I would write a complaint about his really bad service, he was able to solve this situation by talking to the restaurant staff. I'm quite sure that he wouldn't do it if I hadn't said anything about complaint. The thing is that your staff mostly just like this man at the reception. They don't help customers, they just do their job. Believe me, I've been at over 50+ hotels over the world and I know what kind of service really could be. For the price, of course.
After your hotel, we flew to the Dubai, to the Al Qasr hotel. After our stay they sent us a survey, where was one really interesting question, it sounded something like this: "Does everyone of our staff was smiling to you?". We refreshed our memory and answered "Yes". We can't answer the same about your hotel even considering nearly 70% higher price.
///

Another situation I've just remembered:
There was a storm (or strong wind). Since we had sea-front room, we had chairs and table outside of the room. So, once we came to our room and found all outside chairs and even table _INSIDE_ our room. Think. You pay 1200 EURO per NIGHT (the rate was high also because of the NYE) and you should keep hotel's furniture inside your room. Do you think it is fair? I do not. I believe that for this price hotel should have a warehouse for this purposes. My room is not a warehouse. If there is storm, it should not be my problem where to keep chairs and table. Well, hotel's management thinks about it in different way.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank STr1t

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the time taken to share through this well-known social media your recent experience at Long Beach.

We are very saddened to read such comments and have no other words other than to regret for not having met your expectations in various aspects.

Our guests’ experience and opinion are highly valued and we have taken your feedback into consideration. Rest assured that we have worked out a series of decision since your stay in order to meet guest expectations.

Your points relative to the service and attitude have been well noted and despite being unusual, we have had as well a long session of time to review them with all stakeholders concerned with corrective and preventive measures.

Thank you again for your constructive comments which we take very objectively.

We hope that aside the outlined points, you have been able to enjoy the rest of the facilities available and we look forward to another opportunity of welcoming you back.

Reviewed January 4, 2014

We researched a number of hotels on T.A and chose Long Beach. So pleased we did. The east side of the island has a welcomed breeze, we went in late November and it gets very hot.

The hotel was perfect. We were looking for somewhere that can offer luxury, privacy but not so remote that there was nothing to do. Long beach is a great choice for those who want the best of all worlds.

The beach is perfect, private not so busy and plenty of sun loungers. We opted for a beach front room, step outside our terrace (we were on ground floor) and your garden is the beach and sea front - paradise!

Service by all the team at long beach was outstanding, nothing was too much trouble. The people certainly make the hotel and i cant give them enough credit.

Choice for food is brilliant, we went all inclusive which I would recommend. My husband loved the sea food and as a vegeterian I had no problems which choice. I would advise to pre book a table at restaurants the day before you want to go as they do get booked up if you are trying to book same day.

We had our wedding their which was organised by Nadia who was excellent. She organised everything from flowers to ensuring our wedding attire was pressed. We opted for a spa package too which proved to be good value.

The bar in the evenings is good fun, great cocktails, and light entertainment provided by a band which is nice after dinner.

If your are reading this looking for a honeymoon location that offers great rooms, good food, beautiful beach and excellent service this is the place for you.

Thanks to long beach for making our stay so special

Mr & Mrs Vegad

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Sheena P

Dear Mr and Mrs Vegad,

We do thank you for the time you kindly allocated in sharing your experience within our property and are very happy to know that your wedding turned out to be as per your expectation.

It is also with immense pleasure to read about your awesome reviews on our room accommodation which reminded you of a little part of paradise and the service quality as well in our restaurants. Your kind words will be passed on to the entire team.

Please note that we are looking forward to welcoming you back again at Long Beach for another memorable stay.