Firstly we booked this place as a part of package and hence we had little clue about it except reviews. And add to that I've never been to a 5 - star hotel (beachside) previously. And we booked honeymoon package which included Wine, 3 lunch coupons, Candle - light dinner and discount at other addl. services
The room was awesome with designs bit modern and very private. And I guess most of their rooms are sea view ones.
The service was very good but there was some scope for improvement. The check-in and check out process did take quite a while for us. The staff were friendly and helpful.
Regarding food breakfast was the best with plenty of options. Our package included dinner too. The dinner buffet was good but not great. Given the fact that the hotel had predominantly Europeans, we (Indians, vegetarians) had little options understandably. There are other restaurants to serving a-la carte which were on the expensive side. But the food was very good there. We had staff helping us get customized food :)
Location is a problem with any Hotel in Mauritius I would say. From Belle Mare, we had to travel anywhere between 1 - 2 hours one way to south island as well as north island. This place is very close to adventure activities and island.
Apart from that Hotel amenities were excellent, be it the swimming pools or sports complex. Haven't tried the spa. They are offer plenty of other activities in both water and land.
I would give a big thumbs up to stay at Long beach especially if you want to relax / interested in Adventure trip and can shell out few more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Booking.com, Prestigia, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare