We stayed here for a week at the beginning of June, and could not have asked for better. We did quite a bit of research using this site before deciding on Long Beach, as the pictures were stunning, it was fairly new, a reasonable distance from the airport (1hr) and on the very high number of excellent reviews. And we both agree, it was the right choice! Although it is the low season, this suited us, as the hotel never once felt busy, so no trouble getting space at the pool, service at the bar or seated in restaurants. And no issues with the weather, being 25c-28c and sunny every day.
We went for a beachfront superior room, for their proximity to the beach. These are large, modern, exceptionally clean, open directly onto the garden/beach and provide everything you need. Large impressive bathroom with double sink, rainfall shower and separate bath. We had noted a review that mentioned a lack of privacy for the toilet cubicle (made of glass), however can assure anyone this is not a problem (frosted glass).
Grounds are immaculate and are kept so by a team of gardeners working daily. Pools excellent, comfortable loungers, large double daybeds (2 even in the main pool) and double-swing beds on the beach, we were spoiled for choice. Watersports available (though sadly never used) and gym/fitness centre for the more active. Couple of on-site shops for essentials through to beachwear/souvenirs, and a Spa for those who wish.
We had noticed a common theme in respect to high prices, so we decided to go All-Inclusive for the first time ever, and if what we experienced is the norm, then it's likely we will do so again.
Everything included in the package is clearly marked on the menu's (food items, cocktails, wine, beer etc.), so was not difficult to work out what we could have, and plenty of choice. In addition, items were available from the mini-bar, again with a note of what was included for AI.
We ate in 4 of the 5 restaurants, and the food served in all of them was delicious. Breakfast in La Marche was always excellent, with freshly cooked eggs or omelettes (using your own selected ingredients), along with an enormous choice of international selections. Lunches in Tides on the beach really feels like you are on holiday, sitting on the beach barefoot, and eating perfectly cooked fresh fish (or burgers/pizzas for those less adventurous, 1 of us included). Dinner in La Marche (Buffet), Sapori (Italian) or Chopsticks (Chinese) were all enjoyed, with the buffet being our favourite, always with plenty of selection, and chefs on hand to assist. For those of you with a sweet tooth, the desserts deserve special distinction.
The main bar has live entertainment each night, however we preferred the more quiet beach bar (indeed some evenings we were the only guests using it) and this suited us perfectly, being able to talk to the great bar staff here, who looked after us so well.
Although everyone we dealt with was extremely welcoming and helpful, we do have to make special mention of Pravesh and Naresh at the beach bar, and Dharam and Ameer at the pool, Those guys certainly helped to make the holiday as good as it was.
The pictures do not do justice to the hotel and it's grounds or its location (indeed a fashion shoot took place one day), however what really makes a hotel stand out is its service and staff. Having experienced 5 star service, we have high expectations which Long Beach certainly met and on occasion even surpassed. Its refreshing to see a GM (Vladimir Scanu) displaying such a personal touch in taking the time to meet guests, enquiring if everything is to their satisfaction and generally being visible to both guests and staff (even eating in the restaurants). This appears to be the general ethos as the management team can also be found doing the same.
In conclusion, we can honestly say that the hotel Long Beach was the perfect choice for us, fully deserving of it's 5 star rating. Though, as they took such good care of us, we sadly did not get to see any more of the island (perfect excuse to return....)
Finally, a big thank you to the many wonderful guests we had the opportunity to meet, and who helped to make this a truly memorable holiday.
PS Apologies for the length of this review - however it was that good!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and Agoda so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare