Will not bother mentioning the country's beautiful natural features and the warmth of the local people as it has no bearing on our experience at Long Beach.
Strongly recommend anyone considering to spend their hard earned money here to ignore the good reviews as all it takes is one hiccup to really do your head in. Trust me, spend a little more and go somewhere you can actually rely on.
Management: this is not a message to you so please don't bother saving face. We asked for resolution and were turned away. Everyone else, please read on.
1. To echo other reviews, this isn't a 5 star and if you think the price is too good to be true, it is so don't kid yourself. The hotel staff make no excuse about it.
2. Apparently in a 30 degree holiday resort you MUST wear trousers ( I repeat TROUSERS) for dinner. They will NOT give you warning and they WILL turn you away from the local buffet just after taking payment for your 5k+ holiday with them. The fact that they have made no fuss of this over the previous 10 days where you have dined in tailored shorts, and dress shirts.
Despite asking management to let us dine in tailored short when it was our last night, no one seemed concerned and recommended we go back to the room and order room service.
Not that his makes any difference in the level of service that we would expect, but as an under-30 couple, recently engaged, we are the prime demographic these sorts of businesses should be courting. Honeymoons, family holidays, and 3 holidays a year.
Wouldn't normally write these reviews but was simply bewildered. Wouldn't also normally have time to write these reviews, but figured we owed it to any self respecting holiday seeker who happens to value their money and free time.
All the best!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Hotels.com, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare