Just returned from a 7 day holiday in june staying in long beach with my wife and it was magic.from the welcome on our arrival to the goodbye,s at the end we were very impressed.The staff could not do enough for you and were allways polite and happy.rajeesh on reception and dwarta the guy who cleaned our room were fanastic and a credit to the hotel.it is winter in mauritius but we still had temperatures in the mid seventies which was warm enough for us.we did have a little rain but it came late pm or at night.our room was out of this world with everything you will ever need and faced the sea about 200 yards away which was lovely.in the evening somone would turn your bed back and leave you water.we stayed on a full board basis and the food was 1st class .the choice for all meals was as varied as you can get to cover all tastes,there was an italian restaurant,chinese ,japense and la marche which has a help yourself buffet.also tides restaurant near one of the pools.chefs would cook eggs to your liking at breakfast and be there in the evening cooking fish,lamb.beef etc.in the evening you could listen to music near one of thr bar areas or a disco if your cup of tea,three great pools>(no need to take your own towels as ones provided).one heated ideal for children and one not with the un heated one offering superb views of the private beach and sea.and one in the leisure where you can use if you just want to swim lengths .a fitness centre as well. ideal location for those who are golfers with free golf for residents and several courses in the area if you fancy a change.which you pay for.also water sports like para gliding and snorkelling plus others.we went on a glass bottom boat which was also free where you could see the coral and some lovely fish,in june it got dark at 6 pm so we could not go for evening walks which we like to.the only gribe like a lot of reviews for this hotel is the cost of drinks.2 small beers and 2 lime and sodas about £14.if they cut the cost of drinks this would be a 6 star hotel.coffee is offered in the price with all meals but you have to pay for coffee in your room or drinks out of your room fridge.so take a travel kettle and your own coffee for you room .it is worth it we will be back again to this hotel when i hope the price of drinks will be cheaper which would encourage people to buy more.there is a super market about a thirty minute walk where you can buy 6 cans of beer for what you pay for one in the hotel.the hotel is well laid out and is very quiet at night and very safe,security patrol the grounds.if you want to visit mauritius i recommend this hotel and the island.we went on a trip around the island and every body was so friendly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare