We return to Mauritius yearly and decided to try Long Beach after hearing good reviews and found that the pictures on the web site do this beautifully designed hotel little justice. The lovely rooms with shady patios are not as spacious as other similar hotels, but perfectly adequate. The vast beach has ample recliners and cordoned off safe swimming areas with protected rock pools on the north side. The terrific pool area, with central bar/dining area, has creative places for sun or shade. Finally a hotel has figured out that they need a separate adults only pool! This is nearby, with a rim flow that looks over the beach. Maybe one day a hotel will offer an adults only dining area!!! All five restaurants are all good and ensure variety. At the main restaurant the buffet is excellent with a wide range of choices. All food tastes are provided for in a generous manner, with lots of staff on hand to attend to your every need. Breakfast is great. We have never been to a hotel where every person on the staff was so attentive and polite - this is the best service we have ever had and nothing is too much trouble for any of the staff, especially housekeeping. I would highly recommend this hotel and we will certainly be back. The hotel is on the East coast and an hour by taxi north of the airport. The only thing that let the hotel down was the awful coffee in the room for which they charged exorbitant prices. Also, the mini bar was full of drinks we do not drink and they refused to supply gin and tonic??? This was remedies when we were supplied with a kettle as we had brought our own tea.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, HotelTravel.com, Agoda and Odigeo so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare