Just got back, We spent a weekend and booked 7 rooms for the whole family and relatives, I have visited the hotel a few years back and now it is all new buildings and nothing like the previous one. so if you have been there before it is a totally new place and much better staff.
Location: The Hotel is located on the east side of the Island and If you ware driving there on your own, you will have to do your research well before making that trip as there are not many road signs. somehow, you can get GPS map but have not use it myself.
Since it is located on the east you will find that the sunset is on the west side of the Island and you may not be able to experience the natural beauty of the the Indian Ocean set.
Restaurants: Several restaurants that are open every night from "Italian, Chinese, seafood, buffet and Japanese restaurants, they are all located in the around the swimming pool area and near the beach, my preference is the sea food one and that is the closest to the beach and if you want to book a table please asked for one that has the folding glass door and roof in case it is windy or rain you are well located and can see the sea. on a nice evening night it is open and having dinner on the beach definitely a romantic night to remember.
Oh Buffet restaurant is also the breakfast location and it can get very busy in the morning and they close at 10:30am, if you choose to order your breakfast to your room Yes you can but it will come with a cost but with limited access to the whole buffet breakfast.
Amenities and Facilities: swimming pool are ok not too deep max 5.5 ft, again it is about 2-3 minutes walk to the beach, towels are provided and there is a bar by the pool as well. washroom/toilets are also near by and a shop in case you need sunscreen and sandals etc..
a open air dancing floor and some show and activities at night, different band and they does english and french songs as well as creole. after midnight if you still want to have more fun the night disco is open.
Internet: Yes wifi is good and somehow I get better reception in my room than in the welcome desk area. you will get a code when you check in and in case you lost it, which I did, they will provide you one over the phone.
The rooms: Clean and comfortable, some are near and facing the beach, some are on top of other rooms like an apartments. so you night check out before you book your room and which location you want. the rooms are a quite a distance to walk to the restaurants, so if you have some difficulty walking you want to ask for a golf car pick up and drop off. and look for the room that are located on the ground floor. a safe in the room and beds are very comfortable, a mini bar, flat tv 24 inches and very interesting open concept bath room with glass doors. bring your own soap/shampoo if possible as they only serve soap in pump bottle which I found a bit cheap.
Their night table has an alarm clock that can charge Iphone/ipod which is great.
The staff: are generally happy to assist in anyway possible but seem running on limited staff, the Hotel was full when we get there and they tried to get organize as best they can and service was hectic and I have to walked to my room with my hand luggages as no one is able to help other than check me in.
General: I find this hotel a well design for young couples and small family, the swimming pool are close at 5pm and have to return the towels at the latest which does not make any sense at all, the beach has limited swimming area due to seaweed and plants. Can be quite a challenge for older people with walking difficulties, beach 7/10, animation are from 6/10. food 7/10, rooms 8/10 base on a 4 stars rating. I would not give a 5 star on this one, but 4 stars max.
Outside the hotel not too many places to hang out. it is good for a quite and relax holiday and nice resting place and decent food menu.
If you like the reviews, well you know what to do.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, Agoda, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare