We stayed here for nearly 10 days over the UK half term break in Feb (16-27) 2013 We've been to Mauritius before having stayed at Le Victoire at the same time but two years ago. Le Victoire is on the East side of the Island whereas Long Beach is on the west side.
We stayed in the larger inter leading family suites - probably the most well appointed suites we've stayed in in our time with our two young girls: extremely spacious and (being a two year old hotel) modern and in very good condition - couldn't fault it in any way. Beds were gloriously comfy and the suite very well sound proofed - we were not aware of any of our neigbours movements. Many people cautioned us about the west side of the island not being as sheltered from the wind as the East side but the hotel has been designed in a way that consciously protects one from the wind when it does prevail. It was never an issue to us as it was a welcome cooling agent!
The resort is large but we never felt it although it may be said by others that some suites are a long walk from the main central facilities. Our room was indeed on the end of the resort but it wasn't an issue for us.
The food was excellent - we stayed on a half-board basis. In addition to the excellent buffet restaurant there is a selection of 5 other a la carte restaurants so one never bores of the buffet style. I was well looked after, being vegan - the chef met us on arrival to ensure we knew that my dietary requirements were being catered for.
The pool is amazing - best pool ever! In pool Jacuzzis were fun and the pool loungers were plentiful - from comfy beds under shade to traditional pool loungers. The under cover bar area by the side of the pool was used quite a bit as February can bring some rather tropical weather. We certainly had more sun two years ago but this trip quite a bit of rain. It never gets cold and one can always shelter from the rain under umbrellas or the bar or restaurants or just stay in the sea!
The beach is long, sandy and white! The coral reef/lagoon was in far better state to the East Coast where we stayed two years ago. The snorkelling was worthhile near the shore and our young girls really got into it. It certainly isn't the standard of the Red Sea by comparison but fun and quite a bit to see but not as colourful as one would hope.
I was impressed by the Wifi coverage in the hotel - a little irritating that you kept having to log in for a session with a non descript password and login name. The speed was usable for me (which is saying something - I am the biggest Wifi ciritc there is) - I was very impressed.
The staff were great too - very friendly and all spoke excellent English. The Kids Club worked well for us too - friendly staff and great facilities - the girls had no problem joining in and very good attention was given to the fact that they were english speakers (Le Victoire was hopeless on this and our girls didn't want to to go as nobody spoke english!)
We didn't use many of the inclusive water sports facilities but it felt (and I may be wrong) that there weren't as many sports as other resorts - this may have been because of the weather but I also may just be wrong. The Spa was also unused by us - but others gave good reviews of it.
Overall - we couldn't fault the resort in any material way - which I have to say is high praise! We felt that it was a meticulously run resort. The fact that it is owned by the same group as Le Tousserok also gives one assurance that Long Beach is one of the leading resorts on the island. We will definitely return - just a totally fabulous place!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Prestigia, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare