I didn't even wait to get home - writing this review from the comfort of my beach hut in Long Bay Hotel. I have stayed in five star hotels and resorts before, some all inclusive, others on a different tariff; Long Bay is easily the best. It may not be as luxurious as some it what it lacks in city chic it more than makes up for in location, in service (the staff are lovely! Very attentive without being pushy, and always offering a prompt and courteous service), in amenities and in food. I must make more mention of the food... Most 'all inclusive' hotels we have stayed in have offered a fairly basic buffet to encourage diners to choose from dishes not included in the tariff. Not so the Long Beach - every single night the buffet has been magnificent. Food freshly cooked in front of you, a huge variety to suit every taste. The other restaurants are superb. You feel as if you are in a small village rather than a hotel complex with the range of choice available to you. The private beach is lovely, very clean and with a wide range of water sports available free of charge (snorkelling, kayaking, sailing) and more available at a reasonable cost (parasailing, fishing, etc). The rooms are clean, well kept and if ( no...when!) we return we would definitely ask for this particular hut again. Did we have problems? Well there was an electrical problem one evening (after torrential rain). We lifted the phone and within 10 minutes had not one but four maintenance men at our door and the problem very quickly sorted. I've read some other scathing reviews about this hotel but all I can say is what I personally have experienced. A truly 5* experience that has made me determined to come back
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, HotelTravel.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotwire, Agoda and Travelocity so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare