My wife and I have just returned from a week long stay at the Long Beach hotel. Not having been to Mauritius before we read quite a few Trip Advisor reviews prior to going. Sure enough we have to agree with many reviews regarding the cost of things at the hotel. We went on a full board package thinking that we might take an upgrade to All Inclusive when we got to the hotel, knowing that alcohol was expensive. However, all that they could offer was an All Inclusive rate of 75 euros per person per night. So that meant that since we had already paid for all our food, we would be a further 1000 euros for drinks for the week.
Even All Inclusive customers had to pay extra for many of the branded spirits and certain items on the food menus. Examples of prices were, bottled still water, £3 , small bottle local beer, £4 , wine £10 per glass. Only local rum was on A/l with all named brands costing about £8.
The food was very good however. Presentation and flavour was excellent. The buffet restaurant for breakfast and dinner had a wide range of well cooked foods to suit everybody. The Chinese restaurant had a poor atmosphere and the Japanese restaurant was an additional charge.
The pool restaurant and Italian restaurants had very good food but he menus were unchanged all week so thought that was poor for a 5 star hotel.
The staff tried most of the time to be helpful and they were all very pleasant, even carrying your plate to your table from the buffet.
The room was kept very clean and was of modern design with open toilet /bedroom design which was not ideal. Tea and coffee in the room was an addition charge unless you were A/l.
The beach and pool areas were kept clean with ample sun beds.
Overall, the hotel was in my opinion a 4 star and let down with additional charges for many items over and above the All Inclusive package.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Agoda, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare