Absolutely beautiful location badly let down by terrible staff training. Multinational clientele, with domination of French and British people. Many scandinavian families and a big bunch of loud russians.
great beach - long, white and almost no guests on the beach. Paradise!
the activities are plentiful and fun. Snorkling outstanding with huge variety of fish.
If you are a golfer, the opportunity to play at the near-by Toussarek link is worth everything.
If you look beyond the East German style reception, the design of this hotel is very high-class.
Best pool area I have ever seen anywhere: one huge pool available for families and a large, airy infinity pool reserved for age 12+ only. No problem to find sunbeds at any time of day.
Absolutely wonderful staff in the kid's club which turned our son's friend's birthday into a lifelong memory. 5 stars is not enough for these ladies!
laidback staff in the boathouse easy to get along with.
Above average buffet food but nothing memorable.
If you travel with teenage children, bathrooms without doors is impossible.
Window blinds don't do the job: so already at six in the morning the room is getting too much rays of sunshine
Food not very good at all: only about 50% of food is included in all-inclusive, so even after one week you are truely out of options for variety.
Flies everywhere, and large amounts of birds in the restaurants which feels unsanitary: other hotels have had better solutions to this.
Extremely long distances in hotel: 150 meters outdoor to get from our room to reception or dining area. This is bad when it is hot (360 days per year) or rains heavily (5 days per year).
Service in this hotel is a joke! None of the famous mauritian friendliness here. Bar men are slow and uninterested. Waiting staff is bored or even hostile. Reception staff unwilling to help. Only guys deserving a tip is the cleaning staff!
Very poorly trained staff in restaurants. We had to wait 5 minutes for attention, 15 minutes for a menu and one hour to get a hamburger served. 30 minutes wait for coffee in the breakfast unacceptable.
Only restaurant with decent service is the chinese restaurant Chopsticks and I am sure that is only because of the excellent, excellent (if somewhat morose) head waiter. And when we had lunch on his day off, they forgot to serve rice with the "cashew beef" - and no cashews either...
Hotel boast five restaurants but this is misguiding: the italian restaurant is not open for dining, the japanese restaurant does not accept guests on a meal plan which leaves three restaurants, but since food in the sea-side restaurant is terrible (after a one-hour wait), it is in truth only the buffet and Chopsticks that counts. If you (like me) don't like all-you-can-eateries, it is down to one: and you cannot eat chinese every night...
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare