Just back from a great holiday at Long Beach. My first impression of the hotel when I arrived in daylight was truly disappointing being confronted by a grey modern concrete jungle. As the days moved on I became used to my concrete surroundings and having moved from Sugar Beach the general garden appearance was not to my liking. However it has to be said that the property certainly comes into its own as night falls particularly around the central plaza.
The restaurants were to my liking however my wife being vegetarian struggled with the menus. When all else failed the buffet restaurant came to the rescue. We found the service at the Italian and Chinese restaurants to be indifferent and depended greatly on your waiters, however they were always polite and willing to help.
The rooms were modern and immense, the open plan may not be to everyones liking. We have no complaints and the staff were fantastic.
All Inclusive is a must as the prices are ridiculously expensive, however the all inclusive is a bit restrictive and no allowance is generally available where the more expensive offerings are selected.
Beach is fantastic until you arrive in the water with little scope beyond the waters edge for swimming or snorkelling due to the close proximity of dead coral and power boats. Pool areas are superb as are the sun loungers.
Finally the staff are extremely helpful and friendly, however the level of service can be indifferent at times.
Did we enjoy ourselves - off course we did and we will certainly return, but we will be better prepared second time around.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Travelocity, Prestigia, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Long Beach Mauritius reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Mauritius Belle Mare