Stayed here recently with my wife and young baby. Overall we had a lovely time. There are many positives aspects of the hotel, but a few small niggles. With a few small adjustments they could have a truly outstanding offering.
On the positive side, the property is lovely. Very spacious with an un-crowded feel. The rooms are lovely. Very modern, with good space, nice terraces, great showers, a good coffee machine and the most storage space I have ever seen in a hotel room. We booked a sea view / beach front room, which had a lovely view, and which truly was only a few steps from the beach.
It feels a very spacious property. I understand that it was around 85% occupied when we were there but it never felt crowded. On the contrary it always seemed easy to get beds next to the main pool. This pool was huge and ideal for small children. There is also a separate adults only pool, and of course a huge beach, which again never felt crowded.
The piazza around which most of the restaurants are situated is a great idea. It creates a nice atmosphere in the evenings and gives children somewhere to run around and burn off steam whilst parents can still keep an eye on them, and without getting in the way of other diners (there are also plenty of tables in quiet corners of the restaurants if you prefer). There is decent enough entertainment each evening which we thought enhanced the atmosphere. The lay out of the restaurants and bars was also very nice.
There is a great gym, tennis facility, games area and lap pool in a quiet area of the property. The spa was excellent. Also included is free golf (you just have to pay for a buggy) at Le Touessrok, the hotels sister property, about 20 minutes away. This is a fabulous facility and well worth playing if you are a golfer.
On the food front, we had booked the All Inclusive option and found that there was just about enough choice. The food was good without being excellent. There was also more than enough choice drinks wise (a large choice of cocktails and the wine included was perfectly acceptable).
On the downside, as we stayed in the room on a few evenings (because of the baby), and found that the room service menu was limited (surprising given their choice of restaurants). However to their credit, Sapori restaurant allowed us to go in and choose from their menu, and then have the food sent to our room.
Some have mentioned that it is windy, and it can be. However we found this to be a benefit. Firstly it helps keep you cool, but secondly it keeps mosquitos etc at bay (there were one or two on the calmer evenings)
The only other downside, was the slightly patchy nature of the service. There were pockets of excellent service, where they really surpassed expectations, and in general it was decent, but on several occasions was not anywhere near 5 star standard. Check in seemed a little disorganised, once we received our welcome drink, and it took a while to get the baby cot in the room, despite having requested this ahead of time. This was a little frustrating given that we arrived at his bedtime, after a long day of travelling. The service at Shores bar was especially poor, and we repeatedly had to re-order / chase drinks up. It was also frustrating in the buffet breakfast that there were staff insistent on carrying your plate back to your table (even if it was only 5 yards away), but it could take 20 minutes to get a coffee. It felt as though many staff were inexperienced and were still learning their trade. If they can just bring a consistently good feel to the service standards, it could be an outstanding resort hotel.
On balance we thought it was excellent value. It is not a Four Seasons in terms of service, but then neither is the price.
Overall we felt it was exceptional value, and ideal for either couples or families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Travelocity, Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare