No wonder this hotel is in the Sunday Times '100 Best Hotels in the World' - it was just stunning. We went for a beach front superior room and the all-inclusive package - and it really is all inclusive too - there is plenty of included dishes and drinks to choose from (we had the menus emailed over beforehand, so we knew). Ok, is not cheap - but the food was first class. The beach area is safe and clean and the rooms are spacious and spotlessly maintained. The whole design is modern, interesting and highly photogenic. We went in November 2012 and there was plenty of room for everyone - you never have to fight for sunbed space here. Staff-to-guest ratio is high. Most guests seemed to have been French, with some Brits, Germans and Japanese. Plenty of activities too - you really can't fault this place.
A couple of minor grouses. Why the hell does the shower and toilet have to be glass cubicles in a bathroom that was open to the rest of the room. I share intimacies with my wife, but that doesn't extend to taking a dump.
In my view, the restaurant staff are way over-attentive. I am 55 years old - I can pour my own wine, put my own napkin on my knee and even carry my own plate back from the buffet. There may, God forbid, come a time in my life when I become so infirm that I can't do any of these things, but until then I'll do it myself. Ok, I know they are only trying to be kind but it gets tiresome in the end.
Lastly, if you are on an all inclusive package - please be aware that your 'all-inclusivity' comes to an end at 12 midday - even if you don't fly till much later on that day. We made the mistake of having lunch at 12:30 and got stung for near £50 worth. Just imagine what that bill would have been if we had sat around the pool quaffing cocktails to while away the time. Nobody told us about that - so please remember this.
All-in-all though, a top holiday at a top resort hotel......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Prestigia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare