We were with a group of friends and at the end of the stay we all agreed : the hotel itself is really really nice, it is modern, chic, modern, trendy - large choice of restaurant, bars, activities for young and older people..
However when it comes to service, everything gets complicated. Everyone is very slow and you have to ask several times to get something !
We had issues with our reservation (Front office staff are not really welcoming) that was not done correctly and waited 4 hours to get the room. When we finally arrived our room, we were given the wrong key and had to run under the rain back to the reception to make a new one..
Then the room was not properly cleaned (pay attention if you have allergies, there was dust on the carpet), we didn't have any welcome attention, no complimentary tea or coffee in room, a bottle of water is charged like in europe, same for coffee ! No bathroom items (only shower gel, shampoo, cotton pads, body lotion) no iron table or iron, no toothbrush, no sewing kit, and the list gets longer... BUT you have a ipod dock, free wifi & lounge music everywhere... (weird priorities)
It seemed like everything was cut cost & the service doesn't follow !! half an hour to get tea or coffee at the breakfast ! OK you are in holiday and have time... but you still want to enjoy your day somewhere else than in the restaurant waiting for your morning coffee !! (specially when you can't get a complimentary one in your room !!) BTW be ready, half an hour to get a kettle in the room... The staff was really not well trained and it may come from the fact that it was a 3* hotel before !
Also if you want to play tennis, bring your material : 1 hour for 2 people is charged 25Euros for rackets & balls !
This hotel has a lot of potential - please train your staff and stop cutting cost where you don't need to ! (or lower your rates and admit you are a 4* hotel). In asian hotels for the same price you get a real 5* Palace (with the smile) !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotwire, Orbitz, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Agoda, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare