I recently stayed at this new hotel on Mauritius during business travel. The hotel really is a breath of fresh air on the island and doesn't copy the usual resort style that has been done over and over again.
From the massive arrival lobby to the restaurants, bars and rooms, everything has a fresh open and airy feeling to the whole hotel. Most of the public areas consist of open pavilions with modern furniture and fresh colours. Really creates a modern relaxed feeling to everything.
The rooms also are light and modern and quite big for a hotel of this size. All amenities are in the rooms, and I especially like the free Wi-Fi and the coffee machine in the rooms, seeing as I was there on business.
The main pool is massive (1400m²) and located next to the beach bar area where you can also sit and dine during the day or night. The infinity pool is more beautiful, but only usuable on nice days when the wind isn't blowing too much.
What I do like about this hotel is that 4 out of the 5 restaurants are included in the DB&B price, so you can choose in the evenings what you feel like. italian, mediterranean, asian etc. I especially liked Chopsticks (the asian / noodle restaurant). The jasmine tea served during dinner time is wonderful and the food was delishes.
Apart from the hotel there is also the sports centre which houses the gym, kids, teens club as well as tennis courts, climbing walls and really everything imaginable for a teen/kid. The gym is large & I enjoyed all the equipment in the gym. Probably one of the bigger gyms I have seen at resorts of this calibre.
The resort is very new, and we did hear and see contractors still working on the hotel site, but I suppose that will be there for a few more months to rectify everything. Overall a very fresh, modern hotel that I hope I'll be able to visit for leisure in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A Sun Resorts property, Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort is located on the east coast, along one of the island's longest and widest natural beaches. Opened in 2011, it is an elegant and affable holiday resort featuring a unique blend of island chic architecture and tropical landscape. Its 255 rooms are harmoniously arranged in three semi-circles with wonderful views over the crystal-clear waters of the lagoon, the coral reef and the Indian Ocean beyond. With a choice of 5 restaurants, and an extensive range of activities including free green fees at the Ile aux Cerfs Golf Club, your holiday at Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort are a long way from ordinary. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Beach Mauritius Hotel Belle Mare
- Long Beach Golf & Spa Resort Mauritius/Belle Mare