This hotel is not five star luxury, but doesn't pretend to be. As a three star hotel it is fantastic value for money, on an all inclusive package, offers all you could want for a superb holiday on the stunningly beautiful paradise island of Mauritius. The hotel has a stretch of pristine white sandy beach with crystal clear sea just sensational for swimming in, which is cleaned twice a day, and offers the best stretch of beach along the Belle Mare coast.
The rooms are spacious with super sized double beds which are very comfortable and offer a great nights sleep, the decor is fresh and rooms are cleaned to a good standard.
The rooms offer good clothes hanging and shelf space, along with room for case storage, so your not tripping over them during your stay.
The bathrooms are a good size with wash basins, shower cubicle with room for two,and large backlit mirror.
All rooms have a private balcony or veranda with chairs and small table, though the ground floor rooms are open to the garden, and have views of the gardens and some have sea views which are superb.
The staff all speak french and english and offer warm greetings, and are only to eager to help in any way possible, creating a calm, friendly, relaxed atmosphere to ensure a memorable holiday, that we really enjoyed.
The all inclusive package offers ample food in a choice of two restaurants, one buffet and the other al'a carte, every day was a large choice of fresh salads and fruits, with a choice of three main course dishes along with vegetables and rice dishes, and most days offered some pasta dishes also.
The hotel has two bars, one is poolside the other situated beachside, offering a wide variety of soft, alcoholic drinks along with tea and coffee.
The pool is large and very child friendly, the hotel offers a daycare service for young children during the day with activies in a creche area in the gardens, which was popular during our stay.
The entertainment team in the hotel provided activities during the day and evening, including aqua aerobics, beach volleyball,table tennis, amongst others, along with a daily glass bottomed boat trip out onto the reef free of charge.
There are free of charge kayaks, pedalows and surf boards, along with sailing boats, speed boats that are available to hire from the hotels boathouse on the beach, which offer fresh towels for use daily.
This hotel offered us a superb holiday in an awesome destination without paying a fortune, and will be somewhere we will definately be returning to in the future.
As a destination Mauritius is not just a paradise beach holiday, it offers many water sports, unbelievable stunning vistas from the mountains with walking trails, it's great for cyclists, and shopping for clothes, souvenirs, and local produce.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE JOY OF SEASIDE LIVING Limpid blue waters, white sandy beaches, shady filao trees… what more could you want? Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel, on the superb east coast boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The seaside hotel offers the whole gamut of delights that the ocean and the beach guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your Veranda Palmar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel Belle Mare
- Veranda Palmar Beach Mauritius/Belle Mare