Where to begin. Have just returned from the beautiful island of Mauritius and the one and only Palmar Beach. We arrived early hours of the morning and the hospitality we received was second to none. We were shown our room overlooking the pool and entertainment area, but after reading previous tripadvisor reviews which stated this area is noisy we asked to be moved beachside. This was done with the minimum of fuss and our home for the two weeks was then a couple of steps to the glorious beach which stretches for miles in either direction and although a public beach there was no hassle from over zealous vendors, once they had offered their wares they were soon on their way and were very polite, no hard sell whatsoever. The rooms at the hotel are basic but everywhere was spotlessly clean and being such a small hotel everyone soon got to know us. We have to mention a few people who really made our trip memorable and they are our adopted daughter Bernie in the restaurant and my husband’s adopted little sister Enielle. All the guys in the kitchen who probably nobody bothers about but managed to provide us with lots of food daily even though sometimes a little bland but we understand they have to cater for everyone and Chef will always cook you something if you ask. He cooked my husband a massive grilled fish which he had asked for and a spicier curry for me. The staff go the extra mile in this hotel and they all deserve praise. The girls in the Spa especially Dorine who always made us laugh and the beautiful Vanila. Oliver and Cliff the entertainments guys who always stopped for a chat. Entertainment here was just right for the size of the hotel and had something for everyone most nights. Also thanks to Cliff (non entertainment) for getting things done.
Definitely use Raj (Mauritian Arthur Daly) on the beach for any trips. He is trustworthy and a lot cheaper than the hotel rep. He is usually around on the beach most days in his flowerpot men hat! Do get Yogi to take you to the island he stops and his wife cooks the best ever BBQ and drinks we felt like Robinson Crusoe it was such a good day and he even took a rod so my husband could do some fishing and luckily for Yogi he managed to catch some fish! Which I am sure Yogi’s wife cooked up for his tea!
One of the downsides for us was the wifi which kept going on and off, they seriously need to sort this out. Apart from that we had one of the best holidays we have ever had and we are a well travelled couple and would not hesitate to return to Palmar Beach and would recommend to anyone. 5 star it is not but if that is what you want go to the hotel next door but I am sure we had much more fun with some of the nicest people we have ever met. We are missing it already.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE JOY OF SEASIDE LIVING Limpid blue waters, white sandy beaches, shady filao trees… what more could you want? Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel, on the superb east coast boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The seaside hotel offers the whole gamut of delights that the ocean and the beach guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Veranda Palmar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel Belle Mare
- Veranda Palmar Beach Mauritius/Belle Mare