We stayed at the Veranda Palmar beach for 13 nights as part of our honeymoon and overall had an excellent stay.
It’s a smaller hotel (with 76 rooms), but with a really friendly atmosphere. The staff are really helpful and always on hand to meet your every need.
The hotel itself is kept to a high standard, it is spotlessly clean and the grounds are well maintained. The hotel is right on the beach front (just a few steps separate the beach from the hotel).
Our room was cleaned to a high standard on a daily basis.
We were provided a card upon arrival to the hotel which allowed us access to fresh beach towels from the beach hut, these must be returned within 48 hours where you then have the option to exchange them for fresh towels or the towel card.
A few things to bear in mind, the all inclusive does not include the tea or coffee facilities in the room (with exception of your first night) or water and soft drinks in the minibar, we found this odd as all of these items are available as part of the all inclusive from the pool bar.
Pizza and fries are available upon request from the beach and pool bar between 12:00 and 15:00, this wasn’t made very clear to us during our welcome talk from the hotel upon arrival. Ice cream is also available for dessert included in the all inclusive, but you do need to ask your waiter/waitress for this.
Our second week was slightly disappointing as unfortunately a large group of 26 people booked into the hotel and soon dominated the establishment (however this was not directly related to the hotel or staff whom have no control over guests and did make attempts to satisfy all guests’ needs). Unfortunately, no matter what the staff did to minimise the impact of the large group, the relaxing tranquil atmosphere was ruined; this left a number of us wondering why such a small hotel allowed such a big group to check in.
The hotel also appeared happy to allow topless sunbathing which surprised us based on previous experiences of similar sized/style hotels. Smoking is also permitted around the pool, on the beach and pretty much anywhere apart from the restaurant; unfortunately based on the behaviours of individuals this can often be frustrating if you are a non-smoker or have young children.
If you’re thinking of booking any trips, there is a guy called Raj on the beach who can arrange any trip you require for a small fee. We purchased a trip to Ile Aux Cerfs which included a speedboat transfer, visit to a waterfall (viewable from the boat, is quite small and overcrowded with other tourist boats) and finally return to the island for a beach BBQ. The BBQ was lovely if you like seafood and well worth the money.
Whilst visiting Mauritius a trip to Casella Park to walk with the Lions is a must, we arranged this through our Virgin Representative; although it was pricey it was well worth it.
Finally a visit to Flacq Market is highly recommended, this is a medium sized local market held on a Wednesday and Sunday. It is a short taxi ride from the hotel and is well worth a look as it is much cheaper for souvenirs than the hotel/Belle Mare and full of local colour.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE JOY OF SEASIDE LIVING Limpid blue waters, white sandy beaches, shady filao trees… what more could you want? Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel, on the superb east coast boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The seaside hotel offers the whole gamut of delights that the ocean and the beach guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Veranda Palmar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel Belle Mare
- Veranda Palmar Beach Mauritius/Belle Mare