My husband, two teenage sons and myself spent two fantastic weeks at this lovely hotel, from 20th Aug to 3rd Sept 2013.
After a long journey via Dubai, we arrived to hot towels, fresh drinks and welcoming smiles. We were shown to our newly refurbished rooms which were basic but fine for our needs. The rooms were always kept immaculately clean by our lovely maid Indirah, who provided us with the most amazing towel art each day. The bed was large and very comfortable. We had rooms near the pool end of the resort which were fine for us, however, this was also the entertainment part of the complex and so could be noisy with music and guests having a good time etc. I suggest rooms near the beach end if you go to bed early.
We were a little concerned about the variety of food before going as our boys are a little "fussy' to say the least, but we need not of worried....there was always plenty to choose from and if there wasn't, chef would happily make pizza, burgers, chips with a little prior notice. The catering and restaurant staff work extremely hard and always provide service with a smile-thank you Nisha, Enille, Bernadette and many others of who we unfortunately don't know their names.
Before going to Mauritius, we read many reviews on trip advisor (some of which are a little 'picky' in my opinion) but found the recommendation for using Raj to book excursions most helpful. He was at least half the price of the tour operator and we booked the most amazing day to Ile Aux Cerfs through him. We had our own speedboat for the day and Yogi (the skipper) showed us the most breathtaking scenery aswel as providing us with a bbq lunch cooked and served by his lovely wife which consisted of; lobster, fish, chicken, prawns, salad, beer, and soft drinks. I cant recommend this trip enough.....its a MUST! Raj also provided us with a local taxi driver, Vishal. He was more like our personal tour guide. He spoke very good english and showed us the real Mauritius, stopping at temples, beaches, tea and sugar plantations etc, things of which you would normally book to visit. The taxi was yours for the whole day (8am-6pm) and cost about £40 which was great value for money. We hired vishal on a few occasions and managed to see the whole island. A huge thank you Vishal, you have given my family some great memories.
Finally, i would just like to say a special thank you to cliff at the front reception, not only were you always very professional and tended to our every need, you too have provided my family with some everlasting memories...cheers! And to Shyam....a true gentleman in every way.
Overall, this is a great hotel, set on the best stretch of beach. The thing that really makes the Veranda Palmar special is the fabulous people who work there.....thanks a million, The Arnold family.
Tips.......1.Change your money at the airport when you arrive, a much better rate. 2. take a cardigan/jumper if travelling in Mauritian winter....can get a bit chilly in the evenings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- THE JOY OF SEASIDE LIVING Limpid blue waters, white sandy beaches, shady filao trees… what more could you want? Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel, on the superb east coast boasts one of the most beautiful beaches of the island. The seaside hotel offers the whole gamut of delights that the ocean and the beach guarantee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotel.de, Travelocity, Hotwire, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Veranda Palmar Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Veranda Palmar Beach Hotel Belle Mare
- Veranda Palmar Beach Mauritius/Belle Mare