“No competition, no incentive to compete.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Armonk
New Jersey
“No competition, no incentive to compete.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2013

This place sucks. Added to this fact is that it is located in one of the most remote and EXPENSIVE (filthy rich) areas in Westchester County. There are no stores nearby, and basics, such as gasoline, are extremely marked-up because of the high income of this area. Here is the letter that I wrote to the hotel manager. It says it all:

"Dear Mr. D________,

My wife and I stayed at the Armonk La Quinta Inn on the night of Saturday, September 14th after visiting friends in the area. I would be remiss if I did not inform you of how unsatisfactory our stay was.

In a nutshell, when reserving a block of rooms for what will be an inevitably intoxicated group of post-wedding guests who will arrive piecemeal late at night and want to continue the party in your hotel, I suggest that you isolate them in the remotest part of the hotel, away from the lobby, vending machines, etc where they will be less likely congregate or to roam about, disturbing other paying guests who just want to sleep. Also, please consider getting a "silent" waffle machine (or toaster, or whatever it was) for your breakfast area.

My wife and I were traveling alone, and although we had made a reservation, we received room 101, which is the first one off the lobby/breakfast area and right behind the front desk. I knew this would be the noisiest room in any hotel, regardless of the circumstances. I wasn't happy with this room, but I also understood that the hotel was fully booked. What followed over the course of the night was just unacceptable.

To say that our visit was unpleasant would be an understatement. It's impossible to sleep through groups of drunken people checking in during the night and continuing the party in the hallways, having loud conversations, shouting, laughing, with doors opening and closing all through the early morning hours, from roughly 12:30am, when we tried to go to sleep until around 4:00am, when the last of the drunks finally went back to their rooms and passed out. On our first sleep disturbance (1:45am), I did hear a member of your staff attempt to intervene, and she had to raise her voice several times to be heard above the din. On the second (2:30am), it was a female guest (from Rochester, I heard her say) who started yelling at the drunks because they had awakened her young children. At around 3:00am my wife had to grab me as I lost my temper and got dressed, ready to intervene myself after being awakened a third time by more shouting and laughing. At that point, I was in a very foul mood. It finally quieted down at around 4:00am. The night manager would have been totally correct if the Police were called after one warning. It really was that bad.

After getting maybe two hours of solid sleep, we were finally awakened by the very few early risers that were staying in the hotel as they availed themselves of the free continental breakfast in your lobby. The wedding drunks were all quite unconscious in their beds, I'm sure. The early risers would have been fine, except that this breakfast area was practically right outside of our door and has a waffle iron with a very loud "ready" beeper that started sounding off at 6:30am. It may as well have been in the room with us. Is this really necessary?

Overall, our room was very clean and your front desk was okay, but our experience at your hotel was terrible. Absolutely, this was the worst hotel stay I have ever had, anywhere. I don't think it's unreasonable to request a refund.

S_______"

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank spqr63

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Checked in & the lady was nice. My problem is the door. It would not open w/ the key. The door has been pushed in from other guests fighting with this door lock that Won 't unlock with the room key. I'M ASSUMING our room didn't get cleaned on Saturday because Housekeeping thought someone was in here with the door locked. SO, our room didn't get cleaned. Waiting on towels now. And we'll see what the front desk does a bout the people in the room next to us smoking weed - & the smoke is seeping into our room. The room was clean when we checked in, though. & the bed is really comfortable. I think if they fix up the building (like the door key/lock) it would be a lot better.

• Stayed September 2013

Travelers are raving about these Armonk hotels

Queens, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

One of the reviews below said there wasn't an elevator (2 story building), so they said to request a first floor inside courtyard room, which I did. The problem is, there were no king-sized inner courtyard rooms, except smoking rooms. We checked one out and it did have a smoky smell, so we decided to take a room on the 2nd floor and carry our bags up the staircase.

The front desk personnel were nice. The hotel is attached to a restaurant that looked great with a huge menu. We didn't eat there though because we went to a beautiful restaurant called Moderne Barn in town. But, I heard the steak place attached to our hotel was good.

The price was right, it was close to where we needed to be. No frills but clean and good enough.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Davie, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

I had an affair in Westchester County and needed a hotel. Holiday Inn was about $475 for two nights. La Quinta was $185 for the same two nights. Since neither is a full resort, i saved almost $300 for the same good sleep, a great breakfast buffet, attentive staff, and location for my travels for the three days.

I have no idea why one would stay in the Holiday Inn over La Quinta. O guess different strokes for different folks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

The hotel became our home while we helped our son move into his college dorm. The hotel was a comfort to return to every night. We had everything we needed.

We did not take advantage of the breakfast though many did. Everyone had a smile. We will be back.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

Unfortunately, since this is the only hotel in town, they don't have to provide much to get customers. The 10 minutes of cold water at the beginning if each shower, the hair in the shower, and the dismal decor would have been disappointing, but the worst part has been the lack of sleep. A car alarm went off all night long, and the hotel staff did nothing about it. When I called the front desk, Mary said, yes, many people had called, and they were working on it. I told her it was a red Saturn, but she didn't seem interested. They could have said it violated a noise ordinance and had it towed if they couldn't figure out to whom it belonged. The next morning, several other guests said that they also called to complain to no avail. One man said he called multiple times, was hung up on by the front desk once, and was finally moved to a different room. When I complained this morning they offered to change my room. I said they should have done that last night. Again, he didn't seem to care, and said he'd get back to me. I can't believe we have to spend another night here.

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armonk
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#1 of 2 in Rye Brook
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
La Quinta Inn & Suites White Plains - Elmsford
Crowne Plaza White Plains Downtown
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt? Share your experiences!