“Good for the price”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Armonk
Reviewed February 28, 2013

I checked in at 11pm and when I went into my room, I realized that the room had not been cleaned. There was hair in the sink and bathtub and one of the beds was unmade and the garbage was still there. The manager was very nice and personally took me back to a different room to make sure that it was clean. For the price, the hotel is fine but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank FJS14

Reviewed February 28, 2013

I checked in and did not go straight to my room. Arriving a little after 6pm I discovered the room had not been cleaned????? Beds looked like they had been slept or walked on. The bathroom was missing soap, shampoo and conditioner. The bathmat was on the floor and the trash had not been emptied. I called the desk and he apologized and gave me another room that had been cleaned. That was fine except for the light switch and plug on the bathroom wall which was loose. I reported it on checkout.

Room Tip: Like Santa, be sure to check it twice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank paull2002
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Our flight was delayed well and we were to arrive well after midnight and our travel back home would have been at least an hour so we chose to spend the night to rest since it was only 8 minutes from the airport.

Room was better than the room we stayed in during our vacation in Miami. Mattresses were extremely comfortable. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Joseph S
Reviewed January 5, 2013

My wife and I stayed here New Year's Eve to attend a party at a nearby venue. As I said to the front desk attendant upon checking out, I've stayed at worse places, but not in a while. This was my first time staying at a La Quinta Inn, and if this dump is representative of the brand, it will be my last. I had expected a hotel comparable to a Hampton Inn or a Spring Hill Suites. Not even close.

First, in fairness, the minimalist room was clean enough, the bed was quite comfortable, and the water pressure was fine, although it took a long time for the hot water to heat up. But as other reviewers have noted, the walls are so thin that you might as well be in your neighbors room. You can hear everything -- and I do mean everything. Also, the staff was friendly enough, although they allowed loud partying to continue far beyond an acceptable hour, even for New Year's Eve.

This place was built as a budget hotel 30 years ago or so, and it has not aged well. The hallways were none too clean, and reeked of stale cigarette smoke. The desultory continental breakfast was barely worth the bother. There is no elevator to the second floor for those needing/wanting one. The place is also extremely poorly laid out and we had to basically circumnavigate the hotel in order to get to the front desk without going outside.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank jackosan
A TripAdvisor Member
Albany, New York, USA
Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is a great deal for the price. We have stayed here several times. It is always clean and quiet. The location is central to many downstate towns, and it's easy to get to. The free breakfast is nothing fancy, but there is plenty there to suit anyone's taste. The hotel is renovating right now, and will look brighter and more cheerful.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Needed a place to stay after hurricane Sandy – what a huge disappointment!
The room reeked of cigarette smoke and was dirty – there were actually ashes
in the bathroom sink and burn mars on the counter top. We had yet to wash/warm up when suddenly the sink started to back up – dirty water kept rising… It eventually overflowed all over the floor! It was all too much to take, so we left. We opted for our powerless, heatless, waterless, dark, cold home rather than another moment at
La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank truthbetoldNewYork
Also consider these accommodations in or near Armonk
Doral Arrowwood
Doral Arrowwood
#2 of 2 in Rye Brook
6 mi away
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#1 of 1 in Hawthorne
Holiday Inn Mt. Kisco (Westchester Cty)
Extended Stay America - White Plains - Elmsford
Cambria hotel & suites White Plains - Downtown
Renaissance Westchester Hotel

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Armonk Westchester Cnty Apt? Share your experiences!