“Very nice atmosphere/ambience but seriously overpriced”
Review of Fontina Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Ranked #20 of 41 Restaurants in Armonk
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Went to dinner with a friend on a Wed. evening. Seated at a table in the bar area which was a bit noisy but fine. The bar scene is lively and the drink menu is very creative - food is good but not great and the prices are extremely inflated for the type of food on the menu. My friend and I each had two cocktails, shared a pizza, salad, shared a branzino fish entree (note: entrees come with nothing, any sides are additional), dessert and coffee. $90 PER PERSON was not worth it. I would go back to have drinks at the bar and then go elsewhere for dinner.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

I have to start my review saying that this was the first week the restaurant was open so hopefully the have improved. Although we are not racing back any time soon. We went at 6 pm and were told we would have to wait 40 min. Ok, no problem but after an hour they kept saying 10 more minutes. Meanwhile other people who just walked in were being seated. We were told they had "special reservations". Finally after an hour and half we were seated! Our waitress was nice. We ordered the garbanzo beans appetizer which was the best! The fried meatballs, were tasteless and cold- how can anything fried not be good? The pizza's were brought to our table and put down with not a word of "enjoy", "have a nice dinner" or better yet "here is your Margarita pizza, enjoy". Two drinks, two pizzas, two appetizers- $80. We waited an hour and half and were literally done with our meal in 30 minutes from start to finish. The decor is nice but very loud in the front room. The bar is great and stylish. The view from our table was the bar and the restrooms! I do hope they get better and add more to the menu. But in the meantime we will go to Tarry Lodge.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

The staff at Fortina are great, they make you feel welcome and loved. The is great, try the fava 'edimame' and definitely the Luigi Bianco pizza, incredible. This isn't a pizza place to drag the kids to on Friday night, it has a much hipper vibe and a good bar scene. You can't help but smile and be content when dining here.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

We had 3 people go to dinner- 2 adults and one teen. Ordered 2 glasses of wine, 1 salad, 1 personal size pizza and a pasta dish similar to penne a la vodka. No dessert or appetizers except the one salad. Tab came to $90+ with the tip! Salad was basically baby greens and avocado and it was $15 and not huge. Our waiter was very personable and seemed surprised when our pizza came out first and 5 minutes later the pasta came and then 10 minutes later the salad came. He apologized. We never had any bread brought to the table although I saw it listed on the menu and assumed it would come on the table as we did order dinner. We ate in the main bar entry area and it was very noisy. I had to cup my ear to hear the waiter at the other side of a 4 person table. Decor is lovely - well done. It's too bad the brick ovens were not a centerpiece as I have seen them at Flatbreads in Portsmouth because they are interesting looking but buried in the corner. The place was very busy and they are still getting their feet under them. The staff was attentive but I think 3 different people brought us our 3 different dishes and someone else filled our water glasses. I felt a little rushed as I hadn't finished my glass of wine before the check came. We were out of there in under an hour. I think we waited for the table longer than we sat at it. Management came around to ask how everything was and I shared all of the above and they did say they were working on it. I don't think the prices will change based on the clientele. It was truly Armonk with all the designer clothes and everything else typical of the wealthy Armonk resident. The bar scene is older 40-60 but there were plenty of families at the tables and everyone seemed content. Pizza was very good, salad was OK but too expensive for what it was, and my daughter enjoyed her penne which had been baked in the oven so was crispy on top. (not a large serving- she didn't want to share a piece with her dad even as it was smallish) If price doesn't bother you, this is worth a peek as it is interesting, especially for people watching. If the staff gets themselves sorted out it will become more enjoyable. I felt too rushed. I think my pizza was at the table 12 minutes after we ordered. Anyway- essentially we had 2 meals and 2 glasses of wine with no appetizer and it was $90. Too rich for my blood. There are other more enjoyable things clamoring for a piece of my wallet!

1  Thank Ponygirl1961