“Unique and flavorful”

Cuisines: Japanese
greenwich,ct
“Unique and flavorful”
Reviewed February 4, 2014

The most interesting raw and cooked sushi you will ever find. Peking duck sushi rolls, yes, the exist and are incredible. Full bar, wonderful soups, appetizers, and hot dishes.

Visited February 2014

White Plains, New York
“......but expensive.”
Reviewed January 12, 2014

For starters, Made In Asia (hereafter MIA) is in Armonk. That should have told me something.

I loved O'Asian, it was the type of Americanized Chinese that I am now searching for, but it closed. MIA is not that place. Westchester likes their Chinese food fused and gussied up. I do not.

The pluses: MIA is friendly, expansive, and varied. Boy, is it varied, with Chinese, Japanese, Korean, Malaysian, and perhaps other cuisines from which to choose. They made me a perfect vodka gimlet, for which (as at O'Asian!) I explained the ingredients.

The food is very good. We had wonton soup, and they gave me a miso dressing salad because I didn't order a soup. The Korean ribs were tasty, and the entrees (both shrimp dishes) were also very good. There are no fried noodles and duck sauce at the table - I know, people now turn up their noses at them. Ditto on the fruit and fortune cookies. What can I tell you, I'm a plebeian.

The shrimp fried rice was good, and the dessert was fine.

Minus: since I can't fault the food and the service and the ambiance, what am I kvetching about? Well, it can't be a go-to Chinese place for us, since the price for two (two drinks, one appetizer, one soup, two entrees, one side, and a dessert) was $120.

I know, I should stick to Imperial Wok.

If price point is of no concern to you, I recommend Made In Asia.

• Visited January 2014