“Resturant Week”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 22
Reviewed March 21, 2013

On a recommendation from a friend, my husband and I visited with another couple Saturday night for restaurant week. Our friends ordered the salmon and pork chop, while we ordered the tri-tip steaks. Everything was delicious and well cooked.
Our orders came on recommendations from our waiter, who explained clearly the preparations and unfamiliar steaks and sauces.
We will certainly be back to try the regular menu.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

We visited during the promotional "Westchester Restaurant Week". We enjoyed the food, but the restaurant needs some improvements especially considering the higher prices. The table normally seats four people, but it is barely large enough for two. I'm a fairly slight build, but the chair was too small for me. They did not have enough staff that night for adequate service. For example, our coffee arrived well after our desserts and the dinner itself was delayed after we completed the appetizers. I only noticed two waiters serving on a busy Saturday night when all the tables were filled. Even though the food was well prepared and delicious, we won't be returning given the uncomfortable seating and insufficiently staffed service.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Hudson Valley Restaurant Week an opportunity my friends and I take to sample several new places we not tried before. After word of mouth positive comments we gave it a try. The ambiance is welcoming an comfortable. The food was good but not great. My dish the pork chop ordered medium rare was served medium well. Our server was a bit too nonchalant. My plate must have been sideways on the tray so it was placed in front of me with the sauce all around the outside rim of the plate rather the in the center surrounding the product. Two women at our table ordered steak dishes one medium rare and one medium. They were placed in the wrong positions. They were reversed. Noticing my wife's dish was too rare and looking at the other steak was the medium one, we had to return my wife's steak for further cooking. Which means she is not eating with us. I do believe this was not the kitchens error but that of the server and absentee management. Appetizers and dessert fair. At the end of the meal approximately 8:30 pm I visited the men's room attempting to wash my hands at the two sinks neither one hand hand soap in the dispensers. This to me is poor management. I have to also say in our
two hours in the restaurant I really could not identify a person who could have been the manager. There was no table visit from anyone but the server and Busser. This restaurant is billed as a first class restaurant. In my opinion it is certainly not. There is too much completion to return to this poorly run faculty. Maybe all hands are on deck on Friday and Saturday's. Restaurant Week is an opportunity to capture new clientele. I would think everyone would be on their absolute best behavior. I hope this will be viewed as constructive criticism from a very savvy guest.

2  Thank Michael x
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just as bad as La Quinta! Not sure how they feel worthy of charging such high prices! The food was less than fair and the hotel it’s attached to is gross! Don’t waste your time and/or money!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

We had a small piece of fish each (sea bass) that was very over-priced for what it was... it wasn't bad, but it wasn't great...

The vegetables that came with it were pretty poor... the tomato was completely tasteless and the asparagus was grey, soggy, cut into 1 inch strips and tasted like it was old/frozen... it certainly wasn't fresh by any stretch of the imagination...

Our friend had a steak which looked pretty reasonable and he said was OK.

We also had a side of creamed spinach which again, was OK.

We ordered the lava cake for dessert which was a microwaved chocolate sponge that had some liquid chocolate sauce poured into the center of it... pretty lame...

Overall the food was of a low quality and not much imagination put into it... although the service was very good and our waiter was very friendly...

We certainly wouldn't rush back here...