“Good food”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Route 22
Reviewed June 9, 2012

I went to this restaurant back in February and the service was excellent. The waiter was awesome! He knew his stuff, you can tell he loves his job. However, the second time I went the service was not as good but the food was still great.

3  Thank P C

Reviewed April 12, 2012

The Marc Charles Steakhouse is a very nice place to go for dinner. The food quality is quite good, the staff are friendly and attentive and the atmosphere is comfortable and attractive. If you're there during colder weather, there is also a nice looking fireplace in the reception area and in the main dining room.
At first, you might think... really? A restaurant in a hotel in an office park? Yes, that seems like it's a bit off the beaten path and that restaurants in hotels aren't always known for being good, but this one is well worth the trip. It's actually only a minute off of 684 in the La Quinta Hotel. I recommend the steak, mashed potatoes, creamed spinach and the onion soup. The dessert selections are pretty good, but last year during Restaurant Week the desserts were better. Odds are, you won't have room for dessert anyway.
This restaurant is not cheap. It costs a bit more than your average restaurant in the area, but it's still worth it for a night out. We like to go there for the $29.95 dinner during Hudson Valley Restaurant Week. That's well worth the value since you save about 12 to 15 dollars when you order soup or salad, main course and dessert.
Go enjoy it. It's a very nice night out.

4  Thank TomOH
Reviewed March 27, 2012

To take advantage of restaurant week, we decided to try a place that we normally couldn't afford (or rather, would not spend that amount of money on one meal). The Marc Charles Steakhouse seemed like a good option and did not disappoint.

As some reviewers have mentioned, the restaurant is in a corporate area, but that did not bother me at all. A benefit to the location is that parking is a non-issue.

When we arrived, seating took only a few minutes. There was a small group in front of us who was scolding the hostess for mistaking their last name (their entitled attitude making it obvious that they were not a group of shlubs like us taking advantage of the reduced prices), but otherwise the night was quite enjoyable.

The horseradish salmon, which I was unsure about, was surprisingly delicious and cooked to perfection. The sides of garlic mashed potatoes and creamed spinach were equally tasty. The steak (NY strip I believe), was just as good, if not better than expected. As with any steakhouse I would suggest that if you prefer a more well cooked steak, ask for one higher than you usually would (i.e. if you prefer medium ask for medium well or well).

I blindly ordered one of their original drinks, expecting to just sip it through the night, perhaps not even finishing it as I am not a big drinker and very picky when it comes to mixed drinks. Enjoying it much more than I had expected I quickly ordered a second, regretfully declining a third as I was the designated driver.

The waiter and a gentleman I assumed to be the manager, were very attentive, asking every 10 minutes or so if everything was alright. My water glass never made it below the halfway point without being refilled. At one point, after having had it just filled, I literally took one sip from my water glass only to have a waitress practically materialize out of nowhere to refill it for me. While this was humorous I did appreciate that attentiveness and professionalism and did not find it to be obnoxious or pushy as it can sometimes seem. Nor did I feel like we were being rushed.

I personally found the decor to be enjoyable. It is relaxing and modern without being over the top. While I did see one small group who were dressed very casually, and there does not appear to be an enforced dress code, I would not suggest t-shirts/jeans/flip flop attire, (then again I wouldn't suggest that anywhere for dinner outside of fast food chains, but I digress). Most were dressed on the formal side of casual, or business casual.

If you can afford it (without restaurant week prices, a dinner for two including appetizers and drinks is sure to run you over $200), the Marc Charles Steakhouse is worth a visit. Would I have dinner there again at full price? Unlikely. But I can certainly see visiting again during restaurant week.

2  Thank Jwanderer57
Reviewed March 23, 2012

My wife and I went here for restaurant week, so there was a fixed price menu. They also offered there regular menu if you wanted to order from it. It was very easy to get to, it is just off interstate 684 in Armonk, in a business park. I never would have expected this place in the business park. When you walk in you are at the reservation desk and it didn't appear to be anything out of the ordinary. Then they walk you into the dinning area, you pass through a waiting area that looked surprisingly different from the desk area. Then you enter the dinning room(s). The main room was very nice, there are quite a few tables but it was not over crowed. There were mirrors around giving it a larger appearance, there were some tapestries on the wall and a gas fire place to add to the atmosphere.

The wait staff was very attentive and were prompt to fill your glass, remove used plates, etc. but they were not pushy. They start you off with fresh baked bread that is served warm with their own cheese spread. I am not a big bread person but this had a great flavor and the spread was addicting. I was sad to see them take it away after our meal even though I could not have eaten another bite. The food came out at a nice relaxed pace, I didn't feel rushed at all. As for the food itself, it was very good. To start, my wife had scallops wrapped in bacon, which had a great taste (I do not usually like scallops because they taste too “fishy” for me, but I tried her and the hickory flavor from the bacon and the slight zip from the horseradish sauce made the taste delightful). I had a Caesar salad and you could tell the dressing was made fresh and not something out of a bottle. Then came the entree, we both had the sirloin steak and it was cooked to perfection. The steak was completely trimmed, when we finished there was nothing left on either of our plates. Sometimes when you get a steak you end up with pieces that you can not eat, but that was not the case here. I still don't know what they used to season it but it was delicious and had fried onions on top. The entree comes with mashed potatoes and spinach. Desert was included, so my wife got hers to go (rice pudding) and I had a cookie pie that was good,

I would have to agree with some of the other reviews that it is a bit on the expensive side for normal dining but I would definitely go back for a special occasion. As I said, this place is a hidden gem. It provided a great atmosphere, a relaxed great tasting meal with very attentive service. I do not have a problem recommending this restaurant to anyone who asks and I look forward to returning in the near future.

3  Thank NYTom64
Reviewed February 21, 2012

Although a bit pricey for those of us not in the 1%, it was a nice time out for my wife and I with a very good meal. Wine selection was very good, and not too pricey by the glass. We shared the Porterhouse Special ($89) which was 44 oz. of very good meat cooked excellently. Started with salads that were $9 and $11 each, but could have been meals in themselves. Au Gratin potatoes for two were fantastic. Broccoli Crowns were good as well. Finished off with Banana Split ($10) and a glass of Fonseca 20 year ($20) which was super. $200 is not our usual night out, but we were very well taken care of, and the Maitre'd even spent some time chatting with us as well. Tables were all full, so it must be a popular place. Evident that most of the clientele were not as concerned with bill as we were.

2  Thank The-Flying-Circus