“Excellent food, comfortable place, friendly people”
Review of Enzo's Antichi Sapori - CLOSED

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2012

While on business travel my love and I went to Enzo's last night and had a beautiful dinner experience. Enzo and his staff are very friendly and welcoming. The atmosphere in the dining area is very comfortable and relaxing. Our food was delicious and enjoyable.... so much to select from that I must go back! The Pollo Michael was melts-in-your-mouth spectacular and check out their dessert menu! Wow!

2  Thank Laura S

Reviewed June 2, 2011

Great food and a friendly staff reminds one of a quaint Tuscan restraunt

2  Thank Arodwityanks
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I went here the lady during a weird day or weird part of the day, apparently. When me and the gf came upon Enzo's it was completely dark and looked as if it was closed. We would have left only the hours sign explained that they were in fact open. As we walked in we immediately noticed that a portion of the workforce were sitting around eating and chatting in near darkness...midday! As one of them approached me I asked, "Are you guys opened?" He returned, "Let me ask the kitchen." He went to the back and we waited for about two minutes, during which time we contemplated walking out. The young fellow returned to us with the good news and sat us down.
Bread was offered and the water, poured. My beautiful woman ordered the raviolis and I, the chicken franchisee with a cup of minestrone. I am no food critique but I will say that while the minestrone was nothing to brag about, the chicken franchisee with spinach was THE best I have ever tasted. My lady enjoyed her meal as well...at least that's what she told me over a half eaten dish.
The ambience was nice, a very rustic tuscan feel. Looked like a great place to have a desert and drink. I would suggest maybe trying thr place at a more later time than midday. Maybe the staff will have woken up by then. Probably a night around the holidays would seem to fit this restaurant perfectly. Although I have no idea what the traffic is like there during the holidays.
Give it a try!

2  Thank Muhfuh
Reviewed October 5, 2010

If there is anything that can help me describe the deliciousness of your first bite at Enzo's, it would be the movie Julie and Julia. I think of this one scene after Julie makes one of Julia's meals and says "Yum" and I apply it to Enzo's, the feeling of being home, not being afraid to eat too much and the atmosphere. The service is excellent, the pasta is fresh and Enzo's sauce is excellent!!! Best Italian food in the area!

Reviewed June 10, 2009

Since the vast majority of what I would say about Enzo's is fabulous, let me start with the negatives: don't take Enzo's advice on wine (he'll want you to drink his own blend, which is mediocre--not bad, but not great), and stay away from the fish dishes. Again, they're not awful, but there are a lot of good fish restaurants in Westchester, and Enzo's doesn't compare.

Now, for the good stuff. Have an order of calamari to start. Really crispy and delicious. If you like thick cut fried zucchini, Enzo's is good and plentiful. Me, I prefer the julienned kind, but my husband likes the bigger sticks.

The pastas are all fabulous. My personal favorite is the orechiette with broccoli rabe and tomatoes in olive oil, garlic, and butter. Or maybe the pasta with Bolognese sauce, though it's so rich I've never been able to finish an order. (That's fine, since it reheats well the next day.) Everything is made with a ton of garlic. Great for me, but maybe not for everyone.

The desserts are ok, but the biscotti is fabulous!

The pricing is a little higher than average for Westchester, but not much. Maybe a dollar or two per entree. Yes, they're far higher than I saw when I lived in the midwest, but they're also lower than we pay when we go to dinner in NYC!

You don't need reservations for most nights, but you might want to make them for Saturdays or special occasions. (And, for some reason, we've seen them busy on Thursdays, too.)