All reviewsvilla hostkids clubprivate islandwater villaguest satisfactionbungalow doorbreakfast and dinnera lovely personal touchcomfortable accommodationseveral activitiesan amazing experiencesunset cruiseempty glassesnatural beauty of the islandspecial thanksbeautiful retreatup to date
Reviewed July 2, 2017

This was my 7th time staying at Kanuhura as the quality of the beach and island is excellent and I love the serentity of next door Jenuhura. However I think the price increase will make me consider somewhere else where I can get a villa twice the size for the same price. Also, I checked directly with Kanuhura and so did my travel agent and got assurances in writing that everything would be open when we arrived in March. Then I discovered the spa was closed including the sauna, steam, jacuzzi and the whole locker room, showers and changing facilities for the gym. On Jenuhura, no one looked after the sun beds so one had to get their own towels and then towels and empty glasses were left there for 2 to 3 days in a row - I took photos - then I was told it would be "back to normal when you come next year". We got a "repeat guest" discount which was better than the honeymoon discount we asked about it, but even so it would have been a nice gesture to have even one cupcake with a candle on it for our honeymoon. I did complain about the spa not being open and forwarded emails assuring us it would be open, so they gave us 2 massages and a lunch in compensation. But when you are paying the price of a small new car for a holiday, you expect a little better for a Leading Hotels of the World 5 star resort.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GRIJNS
Management response:Responded July 20, 2017

Dear Mr Grijns,
Greetings from Kanuhura!
Thank you for sharing your experience with us and for having chosen Kanuhura. We would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experienced and that your stay was not as expected. Rest assured we have taken good note to ensure these mistakes do not happen going forward.
It was a pleasure having you with us and we very much hope to see you again on your island home.

Reviewed June 22, 2017

Kanuhura is a wonderful island, the Maldives as a whole never ceases to amaze me! We were lucky enough to enjoy a short stay at Kanuhura in May, I am lucky in that I travel a lot and this was my 4th visit to the Maldives. Having recently been refurbished it is a truly wonderful island, filled with shells, colour and great service. The staff were super friendly and we loved riding our bikes around the island. A must try is a Mojito at Iru Bar whilst swinging on the bar swings and watching the sunset! Followed by dinner at Veli (which was our favourite restaurant!). A beautiful island & guaranteed to leave you with many great memories!

Stayed: May 2017
2  Thank clairel0u23
Management response:Responded July 12, 2017

Dear clairel0u23,
Thank you for your beautiful comment. It was our pleasure to have you with us last May. We are glad you had a memorable time on your island home and enjoyed riding the bicycles; truly Iru beach is the best spot to watch the sunset whilst enjoying a mojito. We look forward to welcoming you again to our stretch of unfettered paradise.

Reviewed June 2, 2017

Just come back from another magical trip to Kanuhura. Was great to see and compare it since I last visited (2009). The re-furb has certainly freshened up the guest accommodation and modernised the restaurants.

Our air taxi was full with other passengers meaning our baggage couldn't make the same sea plane transfer as us - it followed on another flight a short while later - no problem!

Our immediate welcome, the moment we got off the sea plane was greeted with welcome hand shakes and happy, smiling faces. Time for a soothing cold towel and refreshment before immersing ourselves into further Kanuhura hospitality.

I stayed in a Sunset Beach Villa which looked towards the arrival jetty - I quite liked this as gave another dimension, nosing who's coming/going and looked at neighbouring islands on the horizon. The room itself is comfortably large enough to accommodation 2 x adults and 2 x children though no separate sleeping area in this category. All these villas have been allocated their own private pools though I never used as the glorious beach and warm sea was just steps away.
Having been to Maldives many times, I can honestly say Kanuhura's best asset has to be it's beach - just beautiful!

All the staff I met were attentive and so, so friendly - chatted to many genuinely intrigued how they go about their daily business - being nosey once again!

The food standards were excellent! Kanuhura were aware in advance that I'm not keen on seafood. Was never a problem! The chef was always prepared with an alternative and I wasn't disappointed.

The teens club provides a great social environment for older kids with table football, pool table, table tennis, TV and further amenities.

My favourite little quirk though was the wee deli - Deli was just the perfect little hub to grab a sneaky milk-shake and/or ice-cream - loved it in here!

I wish I could've stayed longer but work was insistent on my return back home.

Genuinely looking forward to another visit to Kanuhura in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: Simply consider sunrise or sunset as your preference. Water Villas are on sunrise side only.
  • Stayed: May 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank Sharpcell
Management response:Responded July 12, 2017

Dear sharpcell,
Many thanks for your wonderful comment. We are happy you liked the refurbishments brought on your island home and enjoyed your stay. Apologies for the inconvenience caused by your arrival flight. Indeed we are blessed with a beautiful beach surrounding us; the turquoise lagoons with crystal clear waters and the pearly white sand misses your presence on our island.
Your unfettered paradise eagerly awaits your return.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2017

In this hotel is well associated with a lot of activities (especially for and the active gusts of the hotel) and possibility of privacy. Very thoughtful configuration of the room. Good bath cosmetics for guests.

Stayed: May 2017, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
KanuhuraMaldives, Manager at Kanuhura - Maldives, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2017

Dear helenpV1205ZD,
Many thanks for your wonderful comment. We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we would love to welcome you soon again at your island home.
Kind regards,

Reviewed June 1, 2017

Come to Kanuhura for real luxery without any need to show off. This place and it's staff are creating a unique and warm atmosphere. All this underlined by a great makeover, great food, sophisticated but relaxed events, probably best staff in Maldives and intresting guests. A truely leading hotel. We will be back!

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear 527252718,
Thanks a lot for your lovely comment and the great compliment about the 'probably best staff in Maldives', the interesting guests, great food and unique and warm atmosphere. It would be a pleasure to welcome you soon again at your island home Kanuhura.