“Our perfect holidays in vabbinfaru”

Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Vabbinfaru
Reviewed September 9, 2013

This resort is very nice. The staff are friendly and efficient.
The room is good, but I think the private pool is a little small. There is no public swimming pool.
The coral reefs around the island are amazing. So it's a very good place for snorkelling. You can see a lot of beautiful fishes and sharks just from the main jetty. The food is ok, but there are not many choices for breakfast.
We had a very good time at vabbinfaru. We will highly recommend banyan tree vabbinfaru to others.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com
Mohamed_Hilmy, General Manager at Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2013

Dear Shirley 11111,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru,

Thank you for this positive review. We are pleased to know that you were satisfied with our services and facilities.

We have taken note of your positive comments about the efficiency and friendliness of the staff, your appreciation of our coral reef and your decision to recommend the resort to others. Thank you.

We have also taken note of your comments on the size of the pool in our villas and the need to look at our breakfast selection. Please be assured of our attention to your feedback.

Team Vabbinfaru is looking forward to your next visit.

There are newer reviews for Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru

A TripAdvisor Member
Ningbo, China
Reviewed September 8, 2013

it's an amazing trip, if necessary,we will come back! the room is very clean, the waiters and wairtress are friendly to us. most importantly, it is a great place to snorkeling, the coach is very patient and skillful, we go to snorkeling everyday. seeing the beautiful fishes, enjoying the sunshine, we have a relax holiday there.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with BanyanTree.com

Dear TripAdvisor Member,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.

Thank you for the wonderful review. we are pleased to know that you have had a relaxing time with us and that you were pleased with our overall facilities and services.

It is with gratitude that we have taken note of your decision to return to us. We look forward to welcome you back in a not too distant future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Had the best time of my life diving and cherishing the clear water, seeing rare fish, walking along the crushed coral beach... The hotel was divine. Loved it! The food, sunsets, staff... All excellent...

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear whitegoldyellowblue,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.

Thank you for the positive feedback. We are pleased to know that you had enjoyed your stay with us.

We have taken note of your satisfaction on our food quality and service staff. It is also satisfying to know that you had enjoyed Diving and snorkeling in our crystal clear waters and that you were able to enjoy the unspoiled beauty of our marine world.

We look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This was the first time that I spent my vocation in Maldives, before going I was not so interested in what I will experience on that island, however, although the weather during my stay was not so good I was still amazed, not only by the nice sightseeings but also the warm smile of all the people there. All in all, Banyan Tree is located in a good place where is just half an hour away from Male by speedboat, which means it can be reached easily :) and I like it!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Isabella K,

Greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.

We are pleased to know that we were able to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us which was your first vacation in the Maldives as well.

Thank you for the positive feedback, specially on our staff. Such feedback gives us the needed motivation to be consistent in our service delivery.

Team Vabbinfaru looks forward to your next visit.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

We visited Vabbinfaru in July, during the rainy season. I think it's a good time to go if you don't mind the occasional rain shower or night-time thunderstorm which is spectacular viewed in the comfort of your ocean villa! Vabbinfaru is not far at all from Male, and a boat transfer is booked in advance to speed you to the island. We travelled with our 2 year old, and nothing was too much trouble for Mr Hilmy and his amazing team. Facilities are good - we had a plunge-pool which came in handy when we thought the sea was a little too rough for our toddler, the bathroom and shower are outdoors as is the norm for most Maldavian islands.

Food was excellent - we took full board and there was no issue in requesting steamed fish and plenty of veggies for the little one.

Feeding of the rays daily at 5pm is a must, it's amazing to see these wild creatures coming straight up onto the beach and hand-fed.

The spa facilities are very good indeed, if a little pricey.

The inside of the villas could do with some updating, these were built 15 years ago, and apart from the installation of decking and plunge pools in some villas, nothing else seems to have been renovated. A lick of paint and new window dressings would do the trick.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PSL07

Dear PSL07,

Warm Greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.

Thank you for this positive review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that you have had a memorable time with us.

Your appreciation on our service staff, food quality, SPA treatments and stingray feeding have been noted. We have also taken note of your suggestion to look at the SPA prices and the need to look at improving the interior of our villas. Rest assured that corrective action will be taken based on this feedback.

Once again, thank you for the review and we look forward to welcome you back to Vabbinfaru in a not too distant future.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my first trip to the Maldives and I am very happy to say my wife made the right choice in picking Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru. My wife took her scuba diver certification at the in-house dive center and we had 3 great dives at the house reefs in Vabbinfaru and Angsana Ihuru. The best thing is we don't have to go far to see sharks and other marine life - it's just outside our villa. The stingray feeding was also a highlight and we appreciate the conservation work being done at the resort and the education they provide to guests on these efforts. Appreciate the education on turtles and seeing the baby turtles was an icing on the cake.

Great services from the instructors from the dive centre especially from Mason and Ali. We also want to single out Waheed from the front office and Naazim from the restaurant.

On the constructive side, I think more can be done to ensure the area around the restaurant is smoke-free - as a non-smoker, this subtracts from my dining experience.

Room Tip: The ones facing Ihuru would be my choice the next time I visit the resort. Nice view.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Randy K,

Warm greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.

Thank you for taking time to write this wonderful response and for sharing your experience. we are pleased to know that you have had a memorable time with us.

We have taken note of your satisfaction on our Dive center, Marine conservation efforts and our turtle conservation program. I have also shared your feedback with Ali, Mason, Waheed & Nazim and they are pleased to know that the service has been appreciated.

We have also taken note of your suggestion to make our Restaurant area smoke-free. Please be assured that this will be taken to the attention of concerned personnel for their review and consideration.

Since your wife was able to take her Scuba diving licence with us, we look forward to your return visit soon so that you are able to experience our unspoiled marine beauty yet again.

Once again, thank you for the review and we look forward to welcome you back.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

As it was my first experience in Maldives, I didn't believe those nice photos of beaches, resorts and the island until I went there and put my legs into this nice clean blue water!

The Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru was just the right choice for us as we wanted to relax and be away from the country and get our energy back after hard working times at work, the resort was just 20 minutes by speedboat from the Airport and we can see Male from the Island.

Our villa (ocean view pool villa), was the most suitable choice for us as it offers more privacy. The jet pool, the Jacuzzi and our little garden was great. The villa was clean and tidy and the staff would do the room twice a day. The bathroom has a unique design and view but I think privacy is little compromised in some villas if you are washing your hands for example someone from other villa could see you, but overall I liked the villa so much. The place where you can sit or lay down to see TV is not that comfortable but to be honest you don’t need the TV in Maldives, so it was not something major.

The beach is clean and has really nice view that I really liked soooo much, you can enjoy snorkeling and other activities (special private trip with the tamaran , sandbank lunch/dinner) and Stingray feeding every day. All other facilities were great (restaurants, the gallery, spa..etc)

Food was fresh and delicious, buffet style breakfast and lunch, set menu for dinner. I love seafood in general so I didn’t have an issue with main courses.

The Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru was really a perfect choice to me, great value for money, and the staff were helpful and will guide/help you with a smiley face and they are all respectful and polite, specially:

Limar – he was my best, serving me for breakfast, lunch and dinner
Tracey
Simad
Khalil

Plus:
Just everything!!

Minus (as explained above):
Bathroom privacy
TV area

To sum up, the resort was perfect.. I hope I stay again in the same resort, if I would change place then it is just because I want to see other Islands in Maldives :)

Room Tip: I liked the ocean view pool villa so much, it has more privacy than others
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mohammed_Yateem

Dear Mohammed_Yateem,

Warm greetings from Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru.

Thank you for this wonderful review on TripAdvisor. We are pleased to know that we were able to make you believe that pictures do justice when it comes to Vabbinfaru. It is great to know that you were able to relax, enjoy and have had a memorable experience here with us.

Your satisfaction on our food quality, service standard and other facilities, including villa, restaurant, and the beach cleanliness has been noted. I have also shared your appreciation with our staffs (Laamir, Tracy, Simaad & Khaleel) and they are pleased to know that the service provided has been appreciated.

We have also taken note of your suggestions on TV location and the bathroom privacy in the villa. This will be addressed with the concerned departments for future action.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and we look forward to welcome you back.

Hotel Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Vabbinfaru
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Reso...
#1 of 1 in Furanafushi Island
#1 of 1 in Ihuru Island
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Paradise Island Resort & Spa
#1 of 1 in Lankanfinolhu Island

Been to Banyan Tree Vabbinfaru? Share your experiences!