Angsana Velavaru
$240
Orbitz.com
$570
  • Breakfast included
Sun Aqua Vilu Reef(Dhaalu Atoll)
$527
$204
  • Beachfront
Filitheyo Island Resort(Filitheyo Island)
$174
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
Bodu Huraa Maldives(South Male Atoll)
$369
Trip.com
  • Beachfront
$1,135
  • Breakfast included
Medhufushi Island Resort(Medhufushi Island)
$154
  • Pool
Zoza Relax In(Kudahuvadhoo Island)
TripAdvisor
1,064 results
All reviewsmain islandocean villasthe banyan treepool villafishdeluxe beachfrontmarine centerhouse reef snorkellingsea planehalf boardsorbetoutdoor showerour honeymoonour waiterindian oceankids clubsting ray feeding
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Great thanks to your lovely staff especially the assistant F&B manager JEFF, he is really shown your island hospitality and brilliant service already beyond our expectation, since we had a group over 20PAX he is looking after even every detail for our accommodation.

Room Tip: Since I realize there are many Chinese visitor you have, that will be cause both trouble if without Chinese notice for charge the amenity (dressing pouch) in the room - my friends really like it but doesn't know it's chargeable. Anyway she paid for it while check out.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
GMANMVVE, General Manager at Angsana Velavaru, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

Dear Yu Z
Thank you for taking the time to write your comments on your recent stay with us and for your special mention of Jeff. I will certainly pass your comments on to him
I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2014

Feeling of having an island for myself. everything is soo nice. vila is spacious. food was great. the staff is soo friendly and always provide what ever i need. i enjoyed every single moment in this resort. it is worth spending.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Angsana.com
GMANMVVE, General Manager at Angsana Velavaru, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2014

Dear ShintaCicilla
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay with us. I am so pleased you had an enjoyable holiday and the friendly service provided by our colleagues. I sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 17, 2014

The trip to Angsana Velavaru was a mix bag however the place still leaves with very few words to describe it. So 3 letters ....WOW

For me the Angsana can be divided into 2 parts and 2 experiences:

Part 1- The Administrative Staff- They need to get thier act together
Part 2- The service Staff- They rock

The great part of the property is the luxurious villas both in ocean or land intertwined with the absolute beauty of maldives. its so beautiful you just cant take enough of it.

Everyone from the housekeeping staff to the restaurant staff humbles you with thier service and care. I forgot my camera at one of the restaurants one night and it was spectacular to see how they traced me out and returned my camera even before i discovered I had misplaced it.

They are such a talented group of people as they multitask into an entertainment group in the night to making grasshoper out of palm leaves...amazing

The food served is extremely well layed out and delicious. From local cuisine to tropical fruits its a scrumptious spread.

PART 2

Despite a confirmed booking the air taxi transfer from Male to Angasana cancels while we wait in thier lounge. Asking us to fend for ourselves ....not something you are expecting after paying $3000 upfront.

We are finally ferried to the hotel at 2 am ensuring we have missed the first night of the planned stay.

I request for an upgrade to the ocean villa on extra payment and am confirmed the same. the morning of the transfer when I quiz I am told that there is a technical glitch and the upgrade would not be possible.

In all did not get all that I paid for, please be carefull with what the admin team promises you

Nonetheless highly recommend the property and the location. Great place great service

Room Tip: In ocean villa
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Amit S
GMANMVVE, General Manager at Angsana Velavaru, responded to this reviewResponded June 19, 2014

Dear Amit S
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your stay with us in JULY 2013.
I am pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Since your stay there have been a number of
changes and enhancements within the Resort. I am confident the issues you have raised have been addressed. However It is good to read you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed June 15, 2014

The place is stunning and there's a surprising amount of things to do. The food was lovely as well. Especially the Japanese restaurant above the sea. Staff are quite helpful except for the rude staff member at the beach shop. Think he was Australian. Serious attitude problem. Other than that we had a pleasant stay. The snorkelling trips in particular were a lot of fun. Amazing sea life!

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sashawicky

Dear sashawicky
Thank you for taking the time to post the review on your stay in September 2013.
it is fabulous to read you enjoyed your stay wih us. Since your stay there have been a number of changes within the resort and I am confident the issue you raised has been rectified.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

We stayed four nights and received excellent service from the hotel. Both the Spa or the scenery on Angsana Velavaryu is really very good which makes me very comfortable and memorable. We wish we could have same kind of tirp once more.
Thank you for all staffs of Angsana and Banyan tree.

Room Tip: Excellent!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Zhou S
GMANMVVE, General Manager at Angsana Velavaru, responded to this reviewResponded June 16, 2014

Dear Zhou S
Thank you for taking the time to post your review on your recent stay with us.
I am so pleased you enjoyed your time at Velavaru and We sincerely hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.
General manager