2,175 results
All reviewsmoodhu bardeluxe villatechnical tourmain barsaima gardendive schoolwater villafishcoconut spaour honeymoondolphin safariother islandssea planethe grillno shoesfood in the main restaurantbehind the scenes
Reviewed February 27, 2018

Staff of the resort.
The first thing that should be mentioned here is that every staff member is a credit to the resort. Smiling, happy to help. Happy to see you. Service is more than great. There is a lovely relaxed pace to the resort and there are plenty of options. Note that they add an extra hour to the time so UK is 6hr behind (not 5 as Male).

Shoes
The paths and common areas are swept regularly so they say that shoes are the exception. They are not perfect so those with delicate souls may prefer to keep some flip flops handy. The timber walkways to the excursions and water villas may be more comfortable with footwear.

Power is UK 13a socket
There are 2 behind the bed and 1 by kettle in the water villa
There are 2 on a wall table and 1 by kettle in the beech villa

General villa comments
The showers are good and inside (watervillas) Outside (Beach). Shower gel and shampoo are OK and refilled when left out of the shower. The bed is quite firm and large. There is a fridge which you need to fill yourself from the bar. Ask for closed bottles of beer or soft drinks. Bottle opener provided. I would have preferred a larger cup to go with the tea and coffee facilities. You could take your own mug if you are bothered. Large bottle of water provided every day for all inc. Tap water was OK for the kettle (Tea/Coffee). I drank bottled water and used for teeth cleaning etc. There is a safe within the wardrobe. The TV channels are not great. CNN and 1 movie channel is the only real option. There is a sports channel as well. If you need TV then I suggest taking your own HDMi cable and show videos from your laptop on the TV. There is a DVD player (Poss water villas only). Beach towels are provided. There is aircon and ceiling fans.

Water villa
Water villas can be noisy at night if it’s windy, and the surf can keep you awake. You can also hear your neighbour if they are heavy footed. The steps don’t lead to easy swimming. There can be a lot of rocks behind some villas which make for noisy waves at night.

Beach bungalows
Most of the bungalows are on the beach but not all. Each room has a dedicated sun-bed with your room number stamped on it. Beach towels are provided. Open air bathroom and shower to the rear. They are generally quiet but are warmer as a result. The west side of the Island is best. The sea is calmer here and the sun seems hotter. It sets here and most people can be found at the sunset bar at the end of the day.

Food from the buffet is varied. Salad, bread, dessert bars as standard with changing selection.
The hot buffet has a reasonable number of choices which changes each evening. You should be able to make a choice from this. There are other restaurants available which cost around $40 for a starter/main/dessert. If all Inc then price is reduced by 15%. Most prices quoted do not include 23% tax and service charge of 10% so it’s quite a lot extra.

Drinks
Coke, sprite, mixers. $4.5, Draught beer. $5, Bottles more. Wine from $3.90

Diving Centre
I have been to many centres and this one rates quite highly. Snorkel costs seem quite high but most other diving costs are similar to most Maldives resorts. The staff members are very attentive and knowledgeable. There is usually a two tank dive in the morning and single in the afternoon. Training is available on a number of levels. Evening dive is also available. Fish are usually fed from one of the jetties at around 6pm every evening. The equipment is in good repair and worked as expected for me. There are 4 sites to dive around the resort which saves boat cost but you will need to find a buddy to dive with.

Bars
The main bar is usually populated by lots of people checking their mobiles as this is really the only place to get WIFI. It is free here and at reception only. You can buy a modem for personnel use. After dinner in the evening it tends to grind to a halt as the band width is probably not big enough to cope with demand. Sunset bar is rather nice at the end of the day and there are a couple of other small beach bars which are nice. There is a small pool with its own bar that can serve snacks during the day.

Flights.
You will get a sea plane from Male but we were delivered a 30min boat ride away from Reethi. (Un- expected). You can get a domestic flight to another island from Male which may work out better for your international flight times.

Summary
I had a great two weeks here (too short really).

Room Tip: Bungalows are quieter but warmer at night. Water villas are cooler but can be noisy
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
6  Thank Brokenlampie
TeamRBR, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 8, 2018

Dear Brokenlampie,

Warm Greetings from Reethi Beach Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and highlighting all these aspects. We are delighted that you had two great weeks at our paradise island. It is the biggest reward for our team to know that we have created a memorable time for our guests. We look forward to seeing you once again, for a longer stay.

Reviewed February 19, 2018

We've just returned from 10 days at Reethi Beach and I agree with the other reviewers, this is a fantastic value resort. We stayed HB and opted to eat our lunch at the choice of restaurants as it worked out much cheaper than eating in the main restaurant (almost half price).

The menu in the main restaurant is rotated every two weeks and we couldn't fault the food. It was healthy and varied and you were spoilt for choice. The staff, particularly Ansar and Islam (in the restaurants) who I have to write about were fabulous with our daughter and she was sorry to say goodbye to them - they made our dining experience in the main restaurant and Moodhu Bar, a real delight.

We have food allergies in our family and everything in the main restaurant was labelled so you could clearly see the allergens. The Moodhu bar and Reethi Grill however do not have the allergens mentioned on the menus so you need to double check when ordering what is in the meal. I did mention this when in the restaurants and understand that it has been highlighted and will be addressed.

Accommodation wise we stayed in a Beach Villa on the side of the main coral reef (villa 174) and location wise it was perfect. There are several entrance points into the reef to protect the coral and we were positioned between two of them.

The reef has a huge selection of fish, black tip reef sharks, several turtles, octopus and rays and we saw something different everyday. I can see other people have commented on the lack of 'healthy' coral but having been to the Maldives before, this is a problem everywhere due to rising sea temperatures, larger fish eating on the reef etc. Unfortunately, this is happening all over the world, not just the Maldives. As I mentioned though, there is a huge range of fish life and you won't be disappointed.

The team at the dive shop are excellent (particular mention to King as we saw him a lot). They are super friendly and really helpful. I can honestly say that having been diving in multiple places around the world, this was by far the best team we have come across. Our DD (6) wanted to do a night snorkel and the team were brilliant with her too, she thoroughly enjoyed herself seeing the large sting rays and turtles and having the opportunity to swim with them. The night snorkel cost $52 per adult so it is on the pricey side but it was thoroughly worth it.

My husband did two dives, a refresher and a night dive and again found them brilliant.

We hired a catamaran whilst we were there. My husband can already sail but they took him out for a check sail first and then as a family we went off for an hour (hunting pirates according to our daughter :)) Again, the team were excellent.

Our daughter was poorly whilst we were there and so we had to use the medical services (the doctor on site) and again, he was faultless. He came to our room several times to check her and we really appreciated his help and kindness. We were also given a wifi unit whilst confined to the villa so that we could make calls to our insurance company and watch movies.

On a final note and for me this made our trip, I cannot emphasise enough how nice the staff are from the point you are checked in, to the people that clean your room, to the staff in the restaurant, to the ladies that work in the spa, to the teams in the dive shop and Water World (boat hire etc) and management - they are what makes this place work so well, they are the heart of it and if you want friendship, kindness and relaxation then your money will be well spent visiting here. We look forward to going back again.

• Stayed: February 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank JenMcTBrussels

Dear Jen,

Warm Greetings from Reethi Beach Resort!

Thank you for the wonderful comment about our team and the time you spent with us at Reethi Beach. We are overjoyed to have created a fantastic time for you and your family during your stay with us. It is the biggest reward for us at Reethi Beach to know that we have created unforgettable memories for our guests. Rest assured I will personally pass on your lovely comments to all departments. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Reethi beach is a fantastic choice for those that want simplicity, a nice dive shop and fantastic service. We stayed in a WV. The rooms are simple but contain all you need. We looked at beach villas but preferred the privacy the WVs offered. We’ve been to four resorts in the Maldives (lily beach, Mirihi, soneva fushi and Reethi of which reethi is significantly cheaper) and felt that reethi held its own against some more expensive options.

In terms of snorkelling/diving the house reef was reasonable, whilst not impressive for coral or sharks, there was an abundance of reef fish and rays. It was fun snorkelling just before feeding time. I’d really recommend the reef night dive and dives to manta cleaning stations (we had over 20 mantas on one dive)! I was also impressed with the snorkelling trip to hanifaru bay - we were the only boat in the bay with about 10 mantas for a good 30 mins before am being joined by another boat. These trips went every other day in the manta season. The dive team were really great too, they were friendly on the boats and also willing to set you up a tank for a quick house reef dive whenever you fancied it too.

On the food we enjoyed our time in moodhu and reethi grill best (I just love dining on the sand!). The the staff were just amazing, they seemed to know whenever you need a reethi ice tea! These ‘special’ restaurants always seemed quiet too. We also did in villa dining which was reasonably priced. I wasn’t impressed with the main restaurant, it was rather large (so not much atmosphere) and the food was average so we just used it twice apart from breakfast.

In summary we really loved it and we’d definitely return, but only on B&B or premium AI to dine around as the main restaurant was average in comparison to the other three.
Thanks everyone for a truly wonderful holiday.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MsMyers

Dear Ms Myers,

Warm Greetings from Reethi Beach Resort!

We are delighted that you loved your stay with us. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us at our paradise island. It is the biggest joy for our team to know that we have created unforgettable memories for our guests. Our team is thrilled to have ensured that you had a fantastic holiday. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 11, 2018

We have conducted an extended online research in order to select the hotel for our first trip to the Maldives. Reethi Beach Resort has been an excellent choice. It is a beautiful, well-maintained tropical island, covered by lush vegetation and surrounded by a wonderful reef. We have rented a standard bungalow on the western side of the island. The fine sandy beach was just a few steps away, with an immaculate lagoon beyond it. Every day we spent several hours in the sea in the company of thousands of colourful fish and some turtle, and we never got bored of it. Our bungalow was spacious, comfortable and very clean. The impeccable cleanliness was a characteristic attribute of the whole island as well. Moreover, it is totally free of mosquitoes. The food was also excellent at the resort's restaurants. The experience was completed by the staff's attitude: they were very kind and friendly all the time, and they were always as much present as it was necessary. We can highly recommend this resort to everyone seeking for a totally relaxing and reinvigorating experience.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andras_travels
TeamRBR, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2018

Dear Andras,

Warm Greetings from Reethi Beach Resort!

We are delighted that you had a wonderful and relaxing holiday at our paradise island. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. It is the biggest reward for our team to know that we have created unforgettable and faultless memories for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed February 10, 2018

I stayed at Reethi after a lovely two weeks in Sri Lanka. This was a trip for my big 4-0. Unfortunately, although informed, there was no recognition of my birthday. Even just a “happy birthday” would have been appreciated.

The island and grounds were indeed beautiful. However, unlike other islands I’ve been to around the world including Maldives, Reethi offered no friendly welcome. I just came from a very warm and welcoming Sri Lanka and found the coldness of the staff upsetting. In fact I didn’t get a hello until on the island (totally ignored on boat from seaplane), and the welcome finally received was not a friendly one. I also had no offer for help with my hand luggage which was cumbersome.

That was the start of how it felt everyday. The women sweeping outside the villas refused to reply to my smiles and hellos. The man cleaning my room barely spoke to me when I tried to be friendly and never smiled. The bar staff, except one young guy barely acknowledged me. The sunset bartender even served a man and a family ahead of me, even though I had been waiting several minutes before they arrived. He did not apologise when I spoke up. Most staff I passed did not reply hello; those who did usually had no smile. I came to speak about my room being far from the area I had requested. The German woman was most patronising and unfriendly. A room the following day was opening but my request to change was denied. I was told arrivals were coming. I queried why they couldn’t have my room and was told it’s complicated. I’ve worked in reservations and know that it was possible. There reply as groups stay together made no sense when it was only one room available. It definitely felt like there were preferences for certain guests, mainly German and yearly visitors. In fact, not one member of The German reception staff was slightly friendly, except as it appeared (and reviewed online by others) to German guests. I genuinely felt that staff were bothered by my presence, something I’ve never felt in my wide travels.

I would like to say that some of the breakfast waiters (especially the egg station) were wonderful! They took time to say good morning and asked where I was from, with smiles.

The introduction cocktail, which was just juice, was anything but a warm welcome. It simply felt like a sales pitch for water sports and activities. When I said I was there to only snorkel and relax, they abruptly left. No money to get from me equaled no time.

The night before departure, I went at 7pm to check about check out and was told I had to come back at 8. Surely, he could have called me. I was not given a late check out, although another room was which seemed unfair. The next day when I queried where I could spend the day, I was originally told the pool. When I asked why there were no spare lounges for guests waiting, I was told a room in my original requested area was having late check in and I could use those. Again, why could I not have a late check out? Makes no sense at all!

Since, I had to shower at the pool, I asked the Maldivian receptionist if soap and hairdryer were there. Otherwise, I would have showered before leaving my room. She told me yes, but of course they were not which left me in a tricky situation. The pool guy only laughed when I asked for soap.

The worst thing was the one staff member from the dive shop made me very, very uncomfortable, to the point I didn’t want to leave my room at night. He continually harassed me for a drink at the dive shop, the sunset bar and even came up to me outside my room on two occasions. He stared at my breasts and told me I should stay up late. He told me I was boring when I said I came to snorkel, walk on the beach, relax and enjoy myself. That is not boring to me and I feel he had an agenda. He knew I was solo and made me feel like hiding (not what I paid for!). When I turned him down he glared angrily. I could not go to the activities at night as felt that uneasy.

Finally, when I got on the boat, I realised the bottom of my brand new bag was torn up. It clearly had been pulled on the sand after specifically saying I’d carry it if that was too happen. This was not a cheap bag that has been damaged. I sent pictures to the resort and did not receive any reply let along compensation.

I don’t know if it was because I was solo, booked through a third party or wasn’t spending huge sums of money on activities, but I felt very unwelcomed and really disturbed by the above. For what I paid, I do not think this was good enough. For similar prices there are much friendlier resorts!

Kind regards,
Rachel

Room Tip: They don’t care about requests anyway
Stayed: January 2018, traveled solo
11  Thank travgirl1
TeamRBR, General Manager at Reethi Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2018

Dear Rachel,

Warm Greetings from Reethi Beach Resort!

Thank you for taking the time to let us know your feedback during your stay. We take your comments and feedback with utmost regard and will consider them in improving areas that you have mentioned. I believe our team has been in touch with you via email regarding your concerns since this comment was published. I would like to add that we take matters concerning the safety of our guests very seriously and I assure you that I would personally ensure such matters are further investigated.

Thank you once again.