We spent 10 days in Reethi Beach and it was indeed amazing! Despite the cloudy weather and sudden shower rains we were happy every single minute there. I had done some research before and asked for a water villa from 201 to 2013 as according to other Trip Advisor critics those villas enjoyed the best sunset view. I do not know if my email was indeed taken into consideration but we got villa 203. I think it is really in a better part of the villas as it is in a remote place and straight opposite a very nice beach. The water in other villas got really shallow during the ebb but we could always swim from our villa without a problem. The interior of the villa is a bit worse than in the pictures as the furniture is a bit outdated but it was not a problem for us as we barely spent time there. The villas are a bit far away from the main bar and restaurant so it might be a problem if you don't like walking but it was rather an advantage for us to be so remote.
Our arrival was darkened a bit by the late arrival of the baggage so we had to spend the whole day in our villa. We could have sunbathed on the terrace which is done so that no one actually sees you but we were afraid to get sunburnt on the 1st day. I was very furious about this but Shareef was really nice and understanding and gave us a nice compensation which only made us think that this is indeed a very good resort.
Originally we took BB as we prefer a la carte restaurants to buffets and we wanted to enjoy going to different ones. We were very glad to find out that they offer Reethi Select All inclusive to which you can upgrade from any accommodation plan. Reethi Select is indeed great if you can fork out a bit as it allows you to have anything you like from all a la carte menus (except for lobster and some cognacs) and also espressos, wine from the wine lists and all the cocktails they have (it is not offered on standard AL). As we like spending time in bars and my husband needs eating more doing a lot of weightlifting for us it was really great. We totally forgot about prices after we got upgraded There are 3 restaurants besides the main one. We went to all of them and all of them are great. Moodho bar was our casual one, but I would not recommend going there for breakfast and it took them so long to bring the food and we lost a lot of time waiting. We then started going to the main buffet where it was quick. Reethi Grill is a very nice one for dinner, a choice of food is large. Saima Garden is good for once or twice but make sure you are hungry as there is a lot of food! The only disadvantage - the choice is limited to 5 set menus.
If you go for AL it is worth knowing that all snorkeling tours are chargeable (in many other hotels they are included). I would only recommend going to Manta and Turtle reefs though as Coral Garden was useless - we saw the same reef on turtles tour but no fish different from the ones next to the resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reethi Beach is one of the most eco-friendly, Maldivian style, 4 star deluxe island resorts situated in Baa Atoll, the Maldives. Decorated with refined care, the villas, elegant and spacious, are enhanced by typical architecture of the Maldives and provide all comfort of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Reethi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reethi Beach Hotel Baa Atoll
- Reethi Beach Maldives
- Hotel Reethi Beach
- Reethi Beach Resort Maldives/Baa Atoll