We stayed here for 8 nights and 7 whole days in September 2012. The island is filled with Germans and the other main nationality was British.
The watervilla that we stayed in was awesome. It was very spacious and the view was great. Housekeeping stopped by twice a day and made sure that there was not too much sand in the villa. The bathroom was very big as well and due to the fact that the watervilla's are so private, you had the feeling that you were taking a shower in the middle of the ocean.
We stayed on half board basis (breakfast and diner) but would definitely stay on B&B next time. During the morning it was relatively peaceful in the main restaurant and during the lunch it was also ok. It was at night when we got the feeling that it was a feeding barn. For some people this is not a problem, but it didn't work for us. We changed our half board to breakfast and lunch in stead of breakfast and dinner and that was a great choice. We got to try the different restaurants on the island and they were really good and many many choices. Since the buffet had a lot of options during breakfast, I think lunch can be skipped. It is possible to order snacks or a small lunch if really necessary. With the cocktails costing US$ 9, it was very doable to not go all inclusive.
The island was very nice and easy to walk around. The house reef is definitely worth checking out when snorkeling. The dive center was great with good equipment and the instructors knew what they were doing. We were lucky enough to spot a whale shark after a dive and we got to swim with it for 20-30 minutes. What an experience! Our trip to Hanifaru Bay was very memorable as well since there were over 50 (!!!) Mantas there. We were so incredibly lucky!
I would go back if I had the chance!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reethi Beach is one of the most eco-friendly, Maldivian style, 4 star deluxe island resorts situated in Baa Atoll, the Maldives. Decorated with refined care, the villas, elegant and spacious, are enhanced by typical architecture of the Maldives and provide all comfort of modern life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Reethi Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Reethi Beach Hotel Baa Atoll
- Reethi Beach Maldives
- Hotel Reethi Beach
- Reethi Beach Resort Maldives/Baa Atoll