We were relocated to the Dusit Thani Maldives due to our original resort not being open on time. When we were advised of our destination we had no knowledge of the resort so were a little concerned as to where we were going. This concern ended as soon as we disembarked from the speedboat onto the arrival jetty and were met by Shaaz, the welcome was warm and friendly and the check in process excellent.
Our villa was perfect, spacious and clean and very well appointed and the bath and shower area had a real WOW factor, I cannot think of anywhere else you could go to that while you are taking an open air shower there are fruit bats flying overhead. We thought that things could not get any better but we were wrong.
The resort itself is pristine with staff going round each day raking up fallen leaves from the beaches, the villas, and also along the pathways around the island. The staff were incredibly friendly, courteous and helpful and we made many friends there.
We ate our breakfast and dinner in the Market Restaurant where each night was themed with cuisines from different parts of the world and there was always something different to eat. My wife does not like spicy food so the chef cooked her a special meal on several occasions while I helped myself to the buffet. On Wednesday nights there was a barbecue in the restaurant as well as the buffet but on Sundays everything was moved outside for a great beach barbecue with local entertainment, a great night. As mentioned the nights were themed but for Easter they excelled. On Easter Sunday there was the beach barbecue but inside all the desserts had been made on an egg theme, there were egg cakes, jellies, puddings and lots more. The main central feature was a caramelised sugar display that was awesome and all were made by their own pastry chef. This is one talented guy.
Lunch in the Beach Grill is al-a carte with a good choice of quality food.
Cocktail night with the GM was great and all the management staff were there talking to all who attended, this did not end there as they were regularly visible around the resort and always made time to have a chat.
The snorkelling around the house reef was amazing with many different types of fish and turtles to see. There is a dive centre where snorkelling gear is available free of charge, they offer many excursions and there is even a resident Marine Biologist (Hi Lauren).
Would we go back to this island, you bet we would. Many thanks to everyone who helped to make our holiday perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of the Maldives. This luxury resort is encircled by white sandy beaches and a mesmerizing turquoise lagoon. You can spend your days just relaxing and taking in the breathtaking scenery, or dive into the crystal clear water and explore the underwater world. The resort has a spectacular 360 degree living house reef and is located in the first ever UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. To top it off, Dusit Thani Maldives is also the first and only resort in the Maldives with an official Freediving Centre. For those who have an extraordinary taste for life can enjoy our world class restaurants with award winning chefs on the island. Even though each restaurant is equally mouth-watering, our signature Thai inspired restaurant - Benjarong, is the crown jewel of the property. Revitalize your body and mind by reveling in Devarana Spa's impeccable facilities. The spa encompasses six deluxe treatment pods which sit elevated amongst the island's palm trees. This haven of luxury offers a selection of Thai Inspired facial and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Agoda, Hotwire, Booking.com, Priceline, Prestigia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll