spent two weeks here. this is our 6th trip to the maldives and we have previously stayed at both fours seasons resorts and anantara. loved loved loved dusit thani.
the house reef is the best of all the resorts we have been to. a few steps out from the dive centre and we saw gazillion differnet kinds of fish, octopus and sea turtles. a bit further out we saw manta rays, many dolphins and more sea turtles.i dont dive but my family does and they had wonderful dives with really good dive masters
loved the sea villa- best sea villa so far in maldives. slept SO well. the food was wonderful - beautifully prepared and a wide selection. best of all the resorts we have been to the in the maldives.
there are less golf buggies on this island and i really really hope they can keep it that way.there are bikes to get around if you dont feel like the 5 minute stroll from one side of island to the other and it made a huge difference to the feel of the island it feels much "wilder" and less artificial.
the staff is briliant. attentive not intrusive. the atmosphere is much much much better at the dusit than at other resorts.
during previous visits to the maldives - i have witnessed guests behaving badly - seemingly taking out their stress from home on resort staff in paradise who are obviously not in a position to argue back. just because one pays a substantial rate does not entitle one to treat staff poorly and to dump ones personal frustrations. i guess that as a result of this the staff at places like four seasons is quite stressed and tense which is so so sad. here the atmosphere was so relaxed and relaxing. loved that. i hope they can stay that way.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Dusit Thani Maldives blends graceful Thai hospitality with the unparalleled luxury setting of the Maldives. This luxury resort is encircled by white sandy beaches and a mesmerizing turquoise lagoon. You can spend your days just relaxing and taking in the breathtaking scenery, or dive into the crystal clear water and explore the underwater world. The resort has a spectacular 360 degree living house reef and is located in the first ever UNESCO World Biosphere Reserve in the Maldives. To top it off, Dusit Thani Maldives is also the first and only resort in the Maldives with an official Freediving Centre. For those who have an extraordinary taste for life can enjoy our world class restaurants with award winning chefs on the island. Even though each restaurant is equally mouth-watering, our signature Thai inspired restaurant - Benjarong, is the crown jewel of the property. Revitalize your body and mind by reveling in Devarana Spa's impeccable facilities. The spa encompasses six deluxe treatment pods which sit elevated amongst the island's palm trees. This haven of luxury offers a selection of Thai Inspired facial and body treatments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, Agoda, Hotwire, Priceline, Prestigia, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Dusit Thani Maldives reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Dusit Thani Maldives Hotel Baa Atoll
- Dusit Thani Maldives Baa Atoll