I spent 7 days, 6 nights at the Conrad Maldives - we just returned and unlike my other reviews, I have a lot to say.
First, it must be understood that I used points for this trip - its definitely not cheap, but after saving the points for more than 10 years, finally decided to use them.
We got a basic beach villa, villa number 213.
The villa itself was nice - however, there was a small issue. One it rained heavily one day and rain came in slightly into the bathroom area where the outdoor shower and courtyard are. It wasn't that big a deal, but if it had gone on for more than 1 day would have been annoying. Other than that, the villa was very nice, comfortable bed, the outdoor rain shower was fantastic and I was able to relax nicely all week. There was fresh fruit daily in the room and when we got there a bottle of champagne.
The location was also good, it like all beach villas was a short 2 minute walk to the beach and this side of the island had excellent snorkeling. For someone who can't swim well, I spent 2 hours at least every day in the water, it was crystal clear and the fish were amazing.
Food wise, as Hilton Gold Members, we (two people) got free breakfast at the buffet at Atoll Market for the stay. This was huge as it saved as a ton of money. The buffet there is amazing - it took three pictures on my camera to capture the whole thing. Its got indian food, Chinese food, pastries, cereals, western food, an omelet bar, eggs, bacon and more. Its also got a fresh juice bar where they will take fresh carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes, pineapples, guavas and more and blend them any which way to make juice. The fresh fruit for eating was also fantastic. Breakfast was more like brunch as we ate a ton.
As a gold member we also got free happy hour at the vilu restaurant on the other island - that was also really nice - original creations by the bartenders which were all good.
To get from one island to the other, you could either walk on a foot bridge which was really cool (at night you could see fish jump in the water or even big rays) or take a boat across the perfectly blue sea.
I used the gym a couple of times. It had great equipment and the people running it were friendly and helpful.
Dinner most nights was at the rangali bar - it was great food - everything was really fresh, chicken tikka masala like I was back in India or even a simple pasta dish that tasted fantastic. My mother is very picky but the staff put together their own things from the menus and what was available and my mother was always amazed about how good the food was. A special shout out to the manager there - shark (yes, that is his name) who was fantastic.
To get to the resort itself, you must take a seaplane, which is not cheap ($500 per person).
Now why don't I give it 5 stars?
1) the island host was not very good - he came the first day and then we saw him the last day, never bothered to check in and I think since we used points he didn't really care about us.
2) the hotel cut it very close with our return flight, they didn't give us any options and got us to the main airport at 1:15 for a 2:20 international flight, we barely made it.
3) The cleaning staff was hit/miss - the main person was not very friendly and was unhappy that we weren't ready to have the room cleaned till around 2 each day and not in the morning (hey its called my vacation) and he never replaced the bath amenities. However, he always came with a second person who was much nicer.
that being said, I'd go back in a heartbeat - its a beautiful island, the resort is paradise and so quiet and the water was perfect.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Barefoot luxury meets unpretentious style at this five star hotel in the Maldives. Home to whale sharks, manta rays, dolphins and turtles, Conrad Maldives is set on two islands and is reached by a 30-minute seaplane flight. Select from 12 restaurants and bars including Ithaa Undersea Restaurant, the Cheese Bar featuring 101 of the world's best cheeses, and an underground Wine Cellar with 20,000 bottles of fine wines. Relax at one of two spas or on the beautiful white sand beaches. Go diving and exploring on the many excursions available, including luxurious sunset cruises, big game fishing expeditions and local island hopping trips. Conrad Maldives is included in Conde Nast Traveler's 2013 Gold List of the Best 100 Hotels in the World and The World's 10 Best Beach Hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hilton EMEA, Cheap Tickets, Prestigia, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Conrad Maldives Rangali Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Hotel Rangali Island
- Conrad Rangali Island
- Rangali Island Conrad
- Rangali Island Maldives