“PARADISE IN EARTH ..” 5 of 5 bubbles

Conrad Maldives Rangali Island
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rangali Island
“PARADISE IN EARTH ..”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Real Paradise on Earth! Great facilities, superb restaurant facilities especially Ithaa Underwater Restaurant. We visited island during our honeymoon and had a marvelous and luxurious stay! Extremely friendly and helpful stuff.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Marilita-Fenia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (331)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Staffordshire, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

Travelling as a family of Parents and 2 adult children, we stayed in 2 over water villas for 5 nights. We've travelled extensively for business and holiday and this was the best holiday ever. Relaxing but not boring; great weather (for us - but can be bad) and great service. Super food. Something for all to do outside the villa; around the islands or as a trip. Loved it.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank William R
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013 via mobile

This place is absolute paradise. The sea is the clearest blue I have ever seen. We stayed in a Deluxe water villa on the quiet side of the island. It was absolutely fantastic, the views from our room were stunning. We had our own jacuzzi, which over looked the amazing ocean.
The room was lovely and clean and we were given a bottle of wine and some exotic fruit.
Some advice I would give, everything and I mean everything is very expensive so try to get at least half board if you can. All the restaurants are amazing but really highly priced. A set dinner for 1 person at the underwater restaurant, which is truly unbelievable is 450 USD for a seven course dinner. I must say the food is unbelievable, the service great and the atmosphere phenomenal but that is on the expensive side. It is worth visiting once during your visit. To keep things cheaper you can eat at the buffet restaurant which is included when you pay for half board.
If staying in the quiet zone make sure you get to the pool early as there are only 8 sun loungers and they go quick. Once a week they have a barbecue on the beach, that is really lovely, they serve lobster and other fish and the food is fantastic. The Sunset grill is also lovely and the food is great. In fact all the food we ate was brilliant. If you can pack some snacks to have during the day, it may save you some money as there are no supermarkets nearby. The overwater spa is also brilliant and the treatments are fantastic. Book early as the slots get taken quickly. Don't miss the outdoor cinema night on a Wednesday, great fun but once again seats go very quickly.
I really can't wait to visit this place again.

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank AndreaNicolaou
Lampung, Indonesia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

A hotel that pampers you in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. Perfect place for your honeymoon or just to relax and get get cut off from rest of the world. Very warm and welcoming staff.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Midhun P
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2013

Best place for honeymoon. Staff is great, they pay anough attention for you, but their presence are not annoying. All staff member were smiling all the time and radiated happiness. The two islands are enthralling. White cost, palms. We stayed there when it was full house, but there weren't any crowded plase on the island. Beautifull corall reefs - close enough for snorkelling, quiet zoone for daytime relaxing, many possibilities to spend your time. Dining possibilities are fantastic. Perfect taste, nice appearance, many choice. 6 thematic restaurants.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Greater Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2013

I needed a trip to just relax and this resort was picture postcard perfect, all staff very helpful, even on the final day they looked after me until the I checked into the plane.
the spa treatments were wonderful also. I was in an overwater villa, and really enjoyed being able to go from the steps into the sea for a snorkel over the coral,lots of brightly coloured fish, coral still recovering from tsunami.
Although the meals were expensive, they couldn't be faulted for quality and presentation, and I guess an expensive resort would have expensive meals.
I stayed 5 days and easily could have stayed a few more if I'd had the time.
On my first night as I arrived on a late flight they arranged, local domestic flight to a nearer island, then speedboat trip to the island, I think this was far preferable to staying in Male for a night.

Room Tip: I only tried an overwater villa with Jacuzzi on the deck, it was wonderful.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Cmcconne
Barcelona, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

We stayed here for a glorious two week period on our honeymoon. Bravo, hubby for booking this, and pretty please take me back now...!

There are very extensive reviews on here, so I'll try to add something different.

In a nutshell, yes, everything is perfect. The things I talk about here are pretty inconsequential and, in many cases, were also things the staff were only too happy to fix (when they could), but this is a review site after all so that's why I mention them.

I can't believe I read a review by one lady complaining the sand hurt her feet. Purleeeease! The sand is groomed and prepared by the staff, they rake and tidy your garden every day, and they add beautiful touches like flower petals in your room. I can't think people are ever going to be happy in life if they complain about the sand not being right - this is PARADISE and these details should be thoroughly appreciated.

What I wanted to point out is something nobody seems to have mentioned. This is essentially an island in the middle of more or less nowhere. Nothing is grown here so everything, but everything, has to be imported. I would like to say that I think the team at Conrad have mastered what must be a logistical nightmare: ordering and balancing food and housekeeping stock for guests who expect luxury and variety. Bravo - this is no mean feat! My brother lives on an island in the Caribbean and I can tell you, all the food that arrives there is mouldy and black.

It is a negative that the food is indeed expensive. If you are here for a long stay, it can get a bit repetitive. But when you see what must be involved in co-ordinating this, you can kind of understand why. And that's not to say there isn't a lot of wonderful variety within most of the menus.

Indeed everything runs like clockwork here - from the moment you are met off the seaplane to the moment you leave. I have never been anywhere like it and unless we win the lottery, probably shan't go anywhere quite like it again! I was unfortunate enough to get sick the night before we travelled home and the staff couldn't have done more to help me and my husband. There is a clinic on the larger island and the doctor came in the middle of the night to attend to me and again on the phone in the morning. Anna, the customer care lady who looked after us while we were there, was absolutely amazing in the detail she noticed and planned for, and apart from this she was also a lovely person and we enjoyed getting to know her.

The turndown service is also incredible. Basically they clean and replenish stocks in your villa in the afternoon as well as the morning. If you run out of something one time, it definitely never happens again. When I needed another towel for my (long) hair, they brought so many I could have opened a towel shop. When we mentioned the conditioner being in ceramic bottles was not practical and a bit dangerous (almost the end of the hair theme, sorry) they gave us the option of different products in different bottles. Again, appreciated.

We didn't try the spa, so I can't comment. They did issue us with a voucher to be used two days after arrival, but this actually expired the day after we arrived and we didn't have enough time to do anything with it. We think this is something that should be changed.

The seaplane journey is 30 minutes from Male. It's not something I would like to do every day, as I'm not that keen on planes, but the pilots check the plane thoroughly for safety - as we saw them do so - and the worst thing about it are the noise and the fumes. I had read negative reviews about staff not caring about you once you were off-island but overall I found the organising of the seaplane very efficient.

I would honestly say that this is not the best place for children to visit, unless perhaps they are mad on water sports (which are very expensive here) as there are not too many things to do. As an aside, we also noticed the water sports equipment they had were state-of-the-art and well maintained. Safety briefings are good and you do feel the staff here want you to have a good time as well.

We stayed one week in a sea villa, the other in a beach villa. While we enjoyed the aesthetics of the beach villa, the design is definitely not as practical. For a start, the lavatory is positioned off the main room and accessed through a wooden slatted door that doesn't completely close: not exactly the most private. The basin there is also tiny. The shower is also outside, together with a lovely outdoor bath that takes an age to fill. Some clothes lines would be useful here. I understand they're closing for a few months to sort out some things like a/c (not so effective) and hopefully a few other things which are not perfect (but not a big issue either), the sea villas being absolutely perfect for us in terms of design, luxury and practicality.

For me, the lasting memory is of the kindness of the people. I have been nowhere where guest care has been so genuine. They really do want to help you and make your stay as good as it can possibly be. Well done to the supervisory staff who train those other staff that interact with guests on a daily basis. You've got it right - keep going until we can visit again!

And lastly, a message to my husband (if I may) - thank you, darling, for a wonderful honeymoon :-)

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubbles 2,716 reviews
Mirihi Island Resort
Mirihi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Mirihi

Been to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island? Share your experiences!