“paradise found”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Rangali Island
bangkok, Thailand
“paradise found”
Reviewed April 28, 2013

this is the absolutely breath-taking paradise where you can be truly worry-free! the resort is far beyound expectations. the services are flawless. though it is a pricey stay, it is worth every penny.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Conrad Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
  • Arabic first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Dubai
Reviewed April 28, 2013

One of the best hotels we ever stayed in. We loved every little detail - villas, restaurants, beaches - absolutely perfect. Great place to stay if you want to spend a long vacation - you have so many restaurants to chose from, you will never get bored. The wine tastings and the celebrity chef dinners were the best!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is my 4th time to Conrad Rangali and simply put I cannot wait until my 5th. This was a fantastic surprise from my wife for my 40th and I didn’t know I was going there until I was on my way to the airport, I really cannot have wished for a better birthday present.

Although this is my 4th time it’s only the second without the kids and for those that have that dilemma let me tell you now, with or without this is still as good as it gets. The resort is split in 2 with the main island having a mix of water and beach bungalows and the "Adult" island all water bungalows. The main island has kids club and lots of different restaurants and whilst great for kids, you still have all the privacy and peace and quiet you would expect and hope for by going to the Maldives.

From the moment we arrived until we left the standard of food and service was just incredible and every member of staff, from gardeners to managers were just amazingly friendly.

The sunset grill was my favourite meal, the underwater restaurant is nice but this is better. The views at dusk were incredible and the seafood platter was out of this world.

We were lucky enough to see the Manta Rays coming in at night to feed; the lights on the bridge give you a great view of them doing back flips, really quite breath-taking!

Room Tip: The matress was a little soft for me, the staff would have changed it for me..............if I hadnt...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
New Jersey
Reviewed April 26, 2013

I am an 8 year old boy and I truly thought the Maldives was a great trip and journey. I would recommend going with kids for the excellent kids club Majaa with great staff taking care of you. The underwater restaraunt was definately one of the highlights of my journey, seeing all of the fish was great especially for kids. It was a great experience being surrounded by beaches and seas. It was my favorite place by far.

Room Tip: A tip is to chose one on the sea because you can go on this ladder and get down to the sea and a sma...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Leo C
Perth, Australia
Reviewed April 24, 2013

Beautiful underwater restaurant (can't imagine a more romantic spot for a proposal!), well styled over water villas, personalized guest management and a great in-house reef made this resort uniquely great. Even at maximum capacity there were very little people around, and you feel looked after with approx 1.5 staff employed per guest. However, other guests stayed mainly to themselves and weren't very friendly.

It was difficult to communicate with staff to arrange activities for the first day on the island (before arriving) - made especially difficult because of the unknown arrival/departure times of the seaplane transfer. Throughout the resort stay we had to reserve at all resorts restaurants before eating (often booked out) - this meant we had to stick to the clock between eating times which diminished the relaxed resort feel. However, the food is of a very high level (if not reasonably pricey). Service is first class and the staff are friendly.

We did the whale shark tour and had an incredible experience. There are happy hours and a few spare activities around the place. Free wifi around the main areas of the resorts and in the rooms. The whole resort is beautiful, spotless and the vilas are private, luxurious and beautiful.

Seaplane transfer to the island made comfortable because of the lounge, however the resort charges $80 pp to return to the lounge on your departure which is a very tacky sour note to leave on since we had an 8hr layover.

Room Tip: Choose an outer villa facing the ocean to catch the sunrise & sunset.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

We spent our Honeymoon in Conrad-Rangali and were simply overwhelmed by the beauty of these 2 islands, by the quality of the rooms and the food and the friendlyness of the staff!

From the second day on almost all the personell addressed us by name, they always remembered our preferences and handled all questions very efficiently, quickly and to our satisfaction.

Yes, it is expensive but it's also worth every cent you spend.

We had a beach villa deluxe with lots of privacy (no view from outside into the private garden with Pool) on the eastern beach - which is by far the best place to be: broad, sandy beach with Sun from sunrise until 4 p.m., direct access to the snorcheling area on the fantastic house-reef and as close as possible to the restaurant- and bar-area.

Halfboard is a Good choice because the Buffet is huge, very good and the food changes every day. In case you want to dine out in One of the other 4 restaurants you will receive a credit of 75.-US$/person.

Free WIFI wherever you are and excellent mobile connection.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
神戸
Reviewed April 21, 2013

We visit this hotel twice two years ago and four years ago. It is a really wonderful hotel. The staff is splendid above all. They are always kind with a smile.
It was the room which it was wide, and was comfortable with cleanliness where we stayed at the spa villa.
There were a lot of restaurants. Thanks to you, I was able to eat a meal without getting tired of a menu. The meal which we worried about did not have any problem at all and was very delicious. We had Outlet Manager of Atoll Market teach explanation of the food or recommended liquor. I had him be really nice to me.
The wife went to the spa many times. She says that it is the best spa so far. I like time to spend a book to one hand on the beach of this hotel. I could forget all the unpleasant things and was able to be refreshed. I recommend that I spend much time on the beach.
We visit this hotel again from April 29. I overwhelm a lot of cocktail in the poolside and eat dinner in Ithaa Undersea Restaurant and am going to enjoy the cruising this time.

Room Tip: The person who likes the morning sun the morning sun side, As for the person liking the setting sun...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
#1 of 1 in Dhidhoofinolhu Island
Mirihi Island Resort
Mirihi Island Resort
#1 of 1 in Mirihi

Been to Conrad Maldives Rangali Island? Share your experiences!