“Amazing Team and great spots”
Review of Island Divers

Island Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Located on the exquisite island of Dhigurah, South Ari Atoll, with beautiful house reef and best dive sites close by with local dive experts and instructors giving you the best diving experience. With a well equipped dive school, Island Divers offers PADI certified training and certification up to Dive Masters. Whale shark safaris is one not to miss.
Reviewed March 19, 2014 via mobile

I wish I could say it's the worse place I've been to so I can keep it for myself. But it wouldn't be fair. . Sobah, Captain, and all the crew on board brought us on the best snorkeling reefs I've been to in Maldives. This was my 4th time in Maldives, but first experience with the whale sharks. During my one week stay I've been on the boat 5 days including 3 full days and most of the time they will try to get you to different spots. Mantas have been hiding from us for quite a while but we spotted 4, sharks, moray eal, giant clams, and the corals are alive compared to the other atoll I used to go to. They are doing their job in a very professional way always caring for the environment and they will make the best out of your stay. Personnal comment: please do not touch corals, mantas, whale sharks, turtles as there is NO interest in doing this whatsoever and can be harmful to them. As far as I'm concerned, I ve also tried to bring back in my suitcase as many empty plastic bottles I had consumed at the hotel as I could as they can't recycle it in Maldives and that the Indian ocean preservation is in danger. Team, thanks again for the nice stay and my last day. A shame captain put me back on the boat Take care of my snorkeling gear I'll be back soon :-( AMY

3  Thank amandine74
"every evening"
"many thanks"
"juice"

Reviewed March 12, 2014

My husband and I live in the Maldives and since starting diving, I have been eager to dive in the famous Ari Atoll! We recently spent 4 days in Dhigurah and did 6 dives with Naushad and his team at Island Divers.

Location - You would be hard pressed to find a better diving location. Island Divers is on the doorstep of the best sites around. You travel to the dive sites on a beautiful, traditional Maldivian boat called a Dhoni (which has a lovely sundeck) and all the sites are close by.

The island experience was much nicer than being on a resort too. This island is very pretty- all the locals have pretty flowers growing outside their houses and were friendly and chatty.

Wildlife - This area is famous for mantas and whalesharks... and we weren't disappointed. We saw lots of mantas and dived and snorkelled with them as well as seeing 3 whalesharks on the snorkelling safari - just a breathtaking experience! As well as the larger creatures, we saw lots of reef sharks, incredible schools of fish, beautiful soft and hard corals.... the list is endless.

Service - Naushad and his team were helpful, genuine and approachable.

Equipment - All the equipment was in very good condition from what we saw.

Overall, I can highly recommend diving with Island Divers - you will create memories that last forever!!! :)

2  Thank Adele V
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Me and my boyfriend did 14 dives with Island divers and we can definitely recommend to dive with them. Their team is really experienced, friendly and open minded. They showed us the best dive sites of South Ari. We could experience a lot of different diving experiences including diving with whale sharks, manta rays and a lot of different nice reef diving. The team was always happy to explain everything about marine biology in versatile way. In this diving center you find the real Maldives with high class treatment by the locals. Economically friendly traveling is more and more important now a days. The team of Island divers are really concerned about the environment and about conservation. All divers who are concerned as well will feel really comfortable there.

2  Thank stephan k
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Good rental equipment, professional staff and comfortable dhoni for diving. Awesome dive sites are nearby. Prices are cheaper than in resorts but average for inhabited island dive centers. Be aware that they have only one boat in use. It means that you have to be flexible with your snorkeling and diving plans. We had great time with Island divers.

3  Thank FinnJimm82
See more reviews
Reviewed February 8, 2014

Went to Maldives as part of our honey moon.
Stayed at Dhigurah for about 5 days in the local hotel, it's excellent by the way.
The island it's really incredible, quite big and with lots of local shops, one restaurant and one hotel.
The divers school it's absolutely great, totally professionals, Naushad and all the team are really nice people, you feel safe during all the tour. We wanted to do the PADI there, but we didn't had enough time, so we did the snorkel Whale Shark safari and Mantas, we could see both of them for quite some time and then some reef snorkel in every safari.
Their whaleshark view rate it's almost 100%..
All the equipment it's top of the line, so no problem there.
Naushad took us some underwater pictures that were excellent! (thanks again for that!!)

If you are planning to go to maldives, please consider going to this island before a fancy all inclusive hotel. It's a much better experience! you won't regret it!

Thanks for all the good memories and incredible diving! Hope we could go there again as a second honey moon sometime!!

Tomas and Coni