“Amazing Experience”

Diving Bluetribe Moofushi
Harrogate, United Kingdom
“Amazing Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2014

Instructors were lovely and made you feel very safe. Incredible diving - we saw manta rays, turtles and sharks!

• Polish first
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Learning to dive in paradise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

I've always wanted to learn to scuba dive, but don't really like swimming, so never thought it would happen. However, in a place like the Moofushi resort it would be such a wasted opportunity to not at least give it a try!
My wife and I initially did the Discover Scuba Diving dive. We were both a bit nervous about it but our instructor, Yohan, was very calming and patient and soon enough we were underwater among the reefs and fishes.
I decided to go on to the Open Water certification. I was kept with Yohan for one-to-one tuition and, as before, he was very patient at getting me past all the practical tests when I was struggling. He could see when I was getting frustrated at not being able to do something, so kept switching activities and coming back to things so I could develop more confidence. It was exactly the way I wanted to learn, and after the 5th dive I was officially certified! I think the abundance of beautiful sea life on offer just off the beach helped take my mind off of things too.
The other tours offered were pretty good too. Unfortunately we weren't there in Manta Ray season - that looked like a must-do tour...
To anyone going to Moofushi and dithering about whether it's worth doing the scuba training there I'd say "Do it". Yes, it eats into your vacation a bit with the book work, but when would you get the chance to learn in such a beautiful place again?

Visited November 2013
1 Thank djmuk1970
Harrogate, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fantastic Dive School”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Bluetribe Moofushi diving school is a very slick and professional, well run operation with friendly and helpful staff

North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A total waste of a great opportunity”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

The snorkling from the beach around the island is great and we often saw turtles swimming amongst huge shoals of colourful fish (groupers, angel, unicorn etc). So when we had the opportunity to go out with Bluetribe on one of their boats for a few hours snorkling we were very excited. After all they kow the waters well and will take you somewhere special.....right? In fact they took us to an area of barren seabed with no coral and no fish......they really could not have taken us anywhere worse! After about 20 minutes swimming around the whole group decided that it was pointless and swam back to the boat. The Bluetribe guide, a young Italian girl, told us that they chose the spot because it would be easy to swim and there were no strong currents. This may be true but there was also nothing to see.
This was a sad waste of a great opportunity and a complete waste of time.

1 Thank Zaphodyork
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Bad Top management of dive center”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2013

We visited Constance Moofushi Resort in December 2013 and had diving with Bluetribe team. Very good place, interesting dive sites, very professional team except top- management of dive center. Chief of team is Miles Crookes and he is from UK. He manages the process as he want and never dive himself with divers. The evening before day of dives there is no list of divers, no information where divers will go next day. During the day of dive He could change place for second dive without giving any information for two tanks divers. Several times our group of divers (4 persons) canceled second dive after first as he changed dive site and we had to go to the same place third time because he wanted to show this place to somebody who was from UK AND he considered as a very important person. Stupid situation. As for staff of dive center they are very professional and want to show you everything what they can. Vlad

Visited December 2013
Miles C, Manager at Diving Bluetribe Moofushi, responded to this review, October 18, 2015
Dear Sir,

Thank you for your feed back, and we are sorry that your experience with Bluetribe did not meet your expectations.

As per Maldivian Law, scuba divers have a bottom time of 60mins maximum. As I recall we discussed regarding this point, due to fact you insisted on diving for 70-90mins on every dive, causing the dive boat to return to Moofushi very late.
Here at Bluetribe safety is very important, and the duration of the dive being an important factor to a divers safety, unfortunately dive sites had to be changed to simply to make sure the dive boat would be back in time for lunch, due to the prolonged dive profiles, as the main restaurant closes as 14.30.

Again we are very sorry for any inconvenience, however i hope you understand our point of view.

Many Thanks