It was our honeymoon trip and we were there for 4 days.
Overall, the hotel service was very good, the staff was waiting for us at the counter to assist us to take our seaplane and we were ensure that we can leave our luggage a with them so that we can travel lightly and enjoy the scenery.
The journey from the seaplane terminal to maafushivaru took us for 25 minutes only and the journey was amazing with great view, really a place must visit before ones die.
Upon arrival, we were greeted with lotsa smile and it makes us felt good. We were briefed on all resort facilities, on what are the Do and Don't. In fact were told that sometimes there might be jellyfish around, so do take precaution.
Room was big, spacious and very privacy. The bed was great, view from room was amazing with the crystal clear water "Infinity Natural Pool" . We swam around our room and there were so many different type of fishes around this area.
We joined the Snorkeling trip, Whale Shark Trip and sunset cruise.
Whale Shark : We were lucky to see the Whale Shark which near to extinction, unforgettable experience where we were so anxious to see the whale the moment the instructor told us. Without thinking twice, we jump into the ocean (Big Wave is like chopping all of us) and we saw IT.
Sunset Cruise : 1.5 hours journey to enjoy the sunset moment in this Maldives Paradise and we saw 6 Dolphins swimming around and this makes our USD 20 worth more than anything else.
Overall: we regretted that we should stay more days as there are many others activities we could join. Other excursion will be Night Snorkeling, Diving for beginner, Manta Point Trip, Turtle trip.
Food was great, a lot of varieties despite we had all the 3 meals in the same coffee house since we've paid for full board meal package.
Will come back to Maldives again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll