We arrived here for our honeymoon in the end of May, by sea plane. And all I have to say is amazing.
One tip... don't take any shoes, you will not need them.You can walk barefoot everywhere. The fact that the island is very relaxed, is perfect for a honeymoon, or just for someone who wants to relax a little bit.
The entertainment was just right. Only at night so you can enjoy your day on the beach or snorkeling.
The snorkeling was amazing, you can see all kinds of fish, turtles, sharks, all on their reef.
The staff is 5 stars. Our waiter Shah, was amazing, always treating us by our name, which is a very nice personal touch.
The staff from the water bar, specially Jean, made us feel very welcome.
Lealih (sorry, I know I am not pronouncing it right), from the reception is exceptional, we had the candlelight dinner, but it was raining that day, and we were able to change it with her help. It end up being and amazing night for the day that we have changed it, so thank you.
We stayed on a water villa, overlooking the sunrise. The sunrise is amazing if you are awake at 5:30am. And you could always see the sunset while you are having a cocktail on the bar, which by the way is breathtaking. The villa was very spacious, and comfortable. The fact that we could swim whenever we wanted is perfect. The perfect touch was the shower connecting to the balcony, so when you return from the sea, you can shower without having to go past the bedroom. The products from L'Occitane that were available in the room where just perfect.
The food was good, there was always something that you could eat, without having to eat always the same food.
The cocktails are amazing, specially the "Island special", I wish I could make it myself.
We did the Whale shark trip, and have to say it is once in a lifetime experience.
I would definitely recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll