“Paradise found”
Review of Maafushivaru

Maafushivaru
Reviewed December 14, 2012

My Husband & I have recently returned from 2 weeks of bliss at Maafushivaru and reluctantly we have to highly recommend it. I say reluctantly only because I would love to keep it all to ourselves, but it is only fair to the staff who work so tirelessly to make the island so beautiful and relaxing that we should tell them and the rest of the world what a wonderful job they are doing. We are Maldives veterans but can honestly say that this island ticked every one of our boxes and we will definitely go back. It is exclusively available to Kuoni and that may be why the standards were consistently high - with an emphasis on comfort and tranquility rather than luxury. In our opinion that is really what the Maldives are about - celebrating nature in comfort without the distraction of butler service.
Without exception, every member of staff we came across was unfailingly friendly, helpful and cheerful. It would be unfair to name names because that would mean leaving some of them out and I could not do that. I believe there are 150 staff to a maximum of 96 guests, but I don't know where they all were. There was obviously a lot of behind the scenes activity just to keep the island immaculate and everything as it should be for the guests. When we left we had an early start at 5.00am and were surprised to find the gardeners and maintenance men already working! The sun was up and so were they!
At no time did we ever feel the island was anything other than tranquil and spacious. There were plenty of corners for guests to settle in apart from their own deck at their bungalow. There were also boat excursions to the sister island of Lonubo (no charge) where the snorkelling was wonderful, and further boat trips to search for manta rays and whale sharks - both of which we were very privileged to find and snorkel with. It isn't guaranteed that you will see them as they are wild creatures but the guides are very experienced and know how to read the currents etc to predict where they may be. If you are interested in nature and the creatures of the ocean this is an experience you just should not miss.
Before we went there we had read negative reviews about the food but we thought that the chefs did an exceptional job of producing such varied meals 3 times a day. We intended trying the Tepanyaki restaurant but in fact never got round to it because we were more than happy with the buffet. Lots and lots of salads and I still managed to put on weight!
Maybe some people are just very hard to please.
Details of accommodation, spa, dive school etc have been well covered by other reviews so I will not touch on them here. Our particular interest was in the beautiful water and fishlife so I spent most of my time either diving (while my husband read books and relaxed), or snorkelling together on the abundant reefs. All of which exceeded our expectations.
So Maafushivaru gets full marks from us and we cannot recommend it highly enough. We will return the first chance we get.
Thank you to every member of staff who helped to make our stay so special.

3  Thank mantamaid

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I stayed here with my wife for a week in late November. It was the first holiday a way from the UK for 24 years, so a bit of an adventure.
Flying in by seaplane was interesting and the views on the way were amazing looking down on all the islands.
When we arrived it was a very pleasant surprise, just like all the photographs.
The view from our beach villa was of white sand leading down to the turquoise lagoon, a couple of empty sun beds lazing on the sand all framed by mangroves, beautiful.
The room was a good size, large double bed, coffee machine, kettle, fridge with soft drinks, plenty of storage. The bathroom had two showers, one inside and one outside but within the walls of the villa, excellent.
We had been warned about the food and the water before going but the advice had not been given by anyone who had been here, the buffet was excellent for all meals and all the drinkable water was bottled. All other water was produced on the island by their desalination plant.
With the food being so good using the other food facilities might be ignored, but this is a mistake as the two alternative restaurants were excellent, The teppanyaki restaurant provided an entertaining evening with very good food. For special meal, which could be on the beach, an a la carte menu is available - we did this on our final evening an it did not disappoint.
That just leaves the Water bar which had a large selection of cocktails, both alcoholic and non-alcoholic. This also served as a meeting place and where various events took place.
All in all the trip far exceeded our expectations, 7 days just wasn't enough and we will be returning, it was all the little bits that made it so good, all the staff were friendly, nothing was too much trouble, they took the time to talk and listen. The Kuoni rep, Neve, was very good friendly and chatty giving us all the information and help we needed. The general manager of the island was around, and conducted a tour of the island one afternoon, which included all the staff facilities.
Trips and visits are available as well a snorkeling and diving on the house reef, all we very good.
A great holiday we returned very relaxed and chilled.

1  Thank statistical
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Decided on a trip to Maafushivaru with two friends, having tried other Maldives islands and looking for a change. Two things worried me before I went, sea defences and food. In the end the sea defences were not a problem as this remains a very pretty island. The defences near our room created a small lagoon where I saw turtle and a very large ray.
The buildings are lovely, especially the new spa. We stayed in a beach bungalow which was absolutely great, the best accommodation I have had in the Maldives despite my normally choosing water villas.
The food was okay, I am not a fan of buffet meals but enjoyed the food most of the time, although main courses were sometimes dissapointing. I had no issue with the temperature of the food.
The bar was very pleasant, enormous choice on AI, bar staff brought fresh drinks without being asked.
The reef was good, especially for coral, although it was very large and you could easily find yourself quite a distance out, so care needed. Fish life was good and I saw several types I have not seen before in the Maldives. The sister island Lonubo was also a good snorkel site, more fish but less coral!
The resident Kuoni rep, Neve, was very approachable and helpful at all times.
What made the holiday for me was the excellent dive school. I have not been diving long but I had complete confidence in the staff there and despite only intending to dive a couple of times, dived every day, including a night dive of a shipwreck which I will always remember as the highlight of the trip. Enroute to a dive site, the crew spotted whale shark and I was lucky to swim along side two of them.
I would go again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Patchesmum
Reviewed November 22, 2012

My husband and I went to this island for 12 nights and arrived home a few days ago. What can I say except everything about this holiday was fabulous. I think my husband read most of the trip advisor reviews before we went but actually I only read a couple so appologies if a lot of what I put in this review is what others have already said.

So,here is the basic overview first:
This is a very small island,it takes about 4 minutes to walk around it. There are 50 villas,I think its 20 water villas and 30 beach ones. We stayed 7 nights in the beach villa and 5 in the water villa which was a good split. The island was about 80% full when we went but at no point did we ever feel crowded. Infact,neither of us could work out where everyone was most of the time because it felt so quiet and relaxing.

There is one main restaurant where you eat buffet meals. There is a Japanese restaurant (which was not very well advertised suprisingly) where you can book a meal if you want a change from the buffet and there is a library area which has a coffee bar. There is also the 'water bar' where you can get drinks.

There is a wonderful Spa which I felt did the best treatments of any spa I have ever been to.

There is a swimming pool with a small childs/babies pool next to it.

There is a very small 'sister' island where a boat will take you and collect you twice a day.

There are pedallos,a diving club,windsurfers and kayaks and staff who can suprvise you.

There is a small gym.

Accomodation;
What are the posotives and negatives of the different villas?(just to be clear there are no actual 'negatives' about either sort of villa,they were both fantastic,but i'm comparing them to each other incase it helps you choose). The beach villas (BV) are larger that the water ones (WV) and there is only one sink in the bathroom of the WV compared to the two in the BV bathroom. The BV has an great outside shower which both me and my husband loved and I did miss it when we were in the WV. Both villas have an indoor shower aswell and the WV has a bath where you can open the windows onto the verandah and overlook the lagoon whilst having a lovely bath (It would not be big enough for two though,if thats important for anyone).The layout in the WV bathroom felt a little more crowded,in my opinion,than the BV bathroom but this did not detract at all from how amazing it all was. The verandah in the WV felt more enclosed and private that the one in the BV. In both Villas they provide shower gel,shampoo and conditioner and moisturiser and soap.these are replenished when needed. They are L'occitane and really lovely. I bought my own shampoo etc but actually used theirs the whole time because they were so nice. Both villas have a small fridge/mini bar,a coffee machine and kettle. They provided green tea,coffee and normal tea and in the fridge was bottled still water,sprite and coke and ?fizzy water. I think you can ask for alcohol aswell but this isnt provided as standard.Did I prefer either type of villa? No,they were both fantastic in their own way. I loved being able to walk out of the BV and be on the beach within 10 seconds and I adored the outside shower, but nothing quite compared to sitting on the steps of the WV and watching the fish go by and having direct access to the lagoon for snorkeling was brilliant. I think the split we did 7 nights BV and 5 WV was about right and I'm really glad we experienced both types.

Hints about accommodation:
1. I wouldnt bother bringing shampoo etc although if you are in a WV you might want to bring bubble bath because this wasnt provided,
2. Beach towels and indoor towels are provided so no need to bring.
3. We wished we had bought some single USD bills because we only had $10 and $20 so we had nothing to tip the man who carried our bags to the rooms.
4. You have one 'villa attendant' for the Beach villa and another for the water one so if you do change villas remember to tip the first one when you move if you want to. There is a note in each villa telling you the name of your attendant.
5. There is a laundry service if needed,

Food and drink:
We went all -inclusive which included all food from the restaurant,all drinks from the mini fridge,most cocktails from the Bar and afternoon tea. If you want coffee from the Library bar that was extra but I dont think we ever did that. To give you an idea of the cost of drinks from the bar if you decide not to go all inclusive, it was about $8,50-$10 for an alcoholic cocktail and $6.50 for non alcoholic. A few drinks like whisky,fresh fruit smoothies etc weren't included but I cant remember how much they were because we didnt choose these.
The buffett restaurant did great food. There was loads of choice each day. Breakfast tended to have the same options each day but there was loads to choose from. Lunch, I think was similar each day but again had loads of choice, and dinner varied each day depending on what cuisine was on the menu but there was always a salad bar with cheese,cold meat,fish,olives etc etc. We were very happy with all the food,so happy infact that I put on 4lbs! We booked the japanese restaurant for one night and were so glad we did. It was great. We sat at the grill whilst the chef 'performed' and cooked our food. We were very lucky that we were the only two people there so we were very well looked after and spoilt. The food was great and a real experience. There is a limit for the number of people they can take each night so you should book if you want to do it. This is not included in the 'all inclusive' package and I think it cost us about $140 with wine.
Afternoon tea was much the same each day. Its served in the library area and included sandwiches and cake. We actually didnt have afternoon tea all that often because we were full from the main meals and cocktails but its nice to know its there if you are`really hungry.
The water bar was lovely. There were loads of different alcoholic cocktails to choose from. If you dont go all inclusive you should factor in a 10% service charge`and 6% GST for drinks (infact,for everything,spa treatments,laundry service,trips,stuff from the shop etc etc)

Hints about meals.
1. We felt it was definitely worth doing all inclusive once we worked out roughly how much we would have spent on drinks if we were paying per drink and thats with me only having non-alcoholic cocktails.
2.You will have the same waiter throughout your stay which is not only nice because you get to know them but makes it easier to tip at the end of the holiday.

Night life:
There is something going on every night but if you are expecting a busy night life scene,this is not the island for you. They have a big screen pretty much on the beach and bean bags to sit on and show a documetary one evening,and a film another evening. There is a maldivian nite one evening and an acoustic duo another and a disco on another. On one evening you can have a cocktail and meet some of the staff including the marine biologist although he was on holiday whilst we were there. The entertainment is the same each week but obviously the documetary and the film changed each week.
I was expecting that the Maldivian night might be a bit 'tacky' because on other holidays we have been on its usually somthing we tend to avoid,but it was really nicely done. They have two very small stalls where you can buy handmade jewellry,bowls,ashtrays,that sort of thing (which you can actually sign for on your room bill) and then there were about 5 little areas around the stalls where there were maldivians showing traditional maldivian things (not to buy) such as two girls playing a traditional maldivian game,someone weaving etc. One of the staff gave a 2 minute introduction to each of the areas and explained how this fitted into maldivian life and then there was abour 20 minutes or so where you could go around and chat to the people to find out more. After that there is a group who plays maldivian music and the staff dance. They do encourage you to join in with the dancing but you dont feel awkward if you decline. All the night life takes place next to the water bar but if you don't want to be involved in any of it you can just sit in the bar having cocktails,chatting and playing a few games of cards,chess,draughts,monopoly etc which are available in the bar.

The Spa:

Having a spa was extremely important for me and was one of my criteria for the holiday. The actual spa itself has a small outdoor jacuzzi,small steam room and small sauna. You dont need to pay for these,you can just wander in and use them. There are changing rooms with a shower,toilet and lockers and towels and dressing gown.
There is a list of spa treatments in your info folder in your room. Everything is charged in USD and dont forget the 10% service charge and 6% GST will be added. I had 6 treaments (yes ,6, I was spoiling myself!). All the treaments were wonderful,and I felt very pampered and relaxed. All the therapists speak good english but they seemed equally happy if you wanted to chat to them during your treatment or if you wanted to stay quiet. I stayed quiet and allowed myself to fully relax. A word of warning about the massages. The therapists are all slim and short but they are suprisingly strong! I didn't make any request for the firmness of the massage and there were times when i could only just bear it (although i'm glad I did because it was very relaxing afterwards) but I did speak to one couple where the husband requested a very firm massage and I think he was very suprised at how strong the girls were! If you are at all into being pampered then you really should make the most of the treatments because they really were wonderful. A rough guide to prices. Facials were approx $110 for about an hour facial, massages and body wraps,scrubs etc were approx $130 for about 70 mins. A 50 min manicure was about $60 and pedicure approx $80. Dont hold me to those prices and timings, they are a rough guide. Dont forget the added taxes on top of the quoted prices.

Hints for the spa
1. Have at least one treatment if you are into being pampered. It was fab.
2. the treatments are quite different to the usual beauty salon treatments but you can get waxing done and a manicure and pedicure. The waxing,i think,is about what it would cost you at home but the mani and pedi are more expensive but are absolutely wonderful.
3.The open air Jacuzzi and the relaxing loungers do get the sun during the day so don't forget sunscreen!!!!

The Gym:
Next to the spa is a small gym. I had planned to use it everyday but after day 4 that went by the wayside. There are 3 cardio machines (cross-trainer,bike,treadmill),a weight training bench and a set of dumbbells,ranging from 2kg to 20kg (I think) going up in 2kg weights,a couple of yoga mats,and a machine (I don’t know what its called)that has wires that you can pull on and adjust the resistance and get a full body workout. There is an ipod dock and a TV (although you couldn’t really watch the TV whilst on the machines because its to the side but you can listen to it),small towels and a water dispenser. I was always in there by myself which was really nice.

The sister island Lonobu:

Lonobu is only a short distance away from the main island. I think you could probably pedalo across to it although we didnt try! There are two trips over to the island each day,one morning and one afternoon. You need to book this at reception although it never got crowded. There were two other couples when we went. There is nothing to do there except swim,snorkel and sunbathe but it was really lovely to go over there. It only takes a minute to walk all the way around it. There are sun loungers provided and there was a large outdoor double bed aswell! but I think this was for the villa which is on the island. There are toilets and an outside shower for rinsing off but you do need to take a towel and there is no bar or anything so do take a drink. I think the boat picks you up after a couple of hours. I think you can book a picnic to take over with you and you can also book to stay the night in the villa where you will have someone cook your meal and then leave you alone on the island overnight. I would have loved to have done this but it is very costly so we didnt. you will see two football goals on the beach because the staff tend to go over each afternoon during their break for a quick game.

Snorkeling:

Snorkeling gear is provided at reception. I think you have to pay if you are not on all inclusive. I am terrified of sharks (having seen Jaws when I was 9) so thought that I would spend all my time in the pool. The lonely planet guide said that the sharks in the maldives are the friendliest in the world (although I was concerned the sharks themselves may not know they were meant to be the friendliest!) because there is such an abundance of fish for them to eat. At the request of my husband I reluctantly said I would try a 20 second snorkel (providing i was in about 20cms of water and he was on shark watch!). We were both EXTREMELY suprised that I actually took to it like a duck to water! I LOVED LOVED LOVED it. It was so fascinating and just like watching 'finding nemo' in real life. I actually felt suprisingly safe in the lagoon even though i had seen baby sharks in there. Everyone said that they are very nervous of people so to be honest I only saw a couple whilst I was snorkeling and they were at a distance. (In the late afternoon you can see them cruising up and down the shoreline basking in the sun and eating fish but they are` small, maybe 2 or 3 feet at the most.) After a few days I did allow my husband to take me to the reef. Just after we had passed through the channel from the lagoon to the reef we came upon a turtle and a small shark which was totally amazing. We were lucky to see another turtle up close another time aswell. I cant recommend the snorkeling highly enough. (having said that,I have made it clear to my husband that I will not be snorkeling anywhere else in the world, but i really did feel safe in the Maldives).

Hints for snorkeling.
1. Dont underestimate the sun,even when its overcast. We got burnt on the first day so after that I worse a T-shirt and light jogging bottoms whenever we snorkeled.
2. If you are frightened of sharks watch the Shark documentary that they show on documentary night. It was very interesting and made me look at sharks in a different light.
3.One of the staff does guided snorkeling. I'm not sure if this is everyday but you can check with reception. We didnt do this but others did and said it was very good. One man said he wasnt a strong swimmer so he was provided with a life vest which he said made him feel much happier.

I dont dive but my husband does and said that the diving instructers were excellent.

Additional hints and tips:
1.You will find matresses for the sun loungers stacked up behing the table tennis area.
2. there is no dress code except being a muslim country they ask you to cover up bikinis when in the restaurant and bar. I dont mean totally cover up but I always covered my bikini bottoms in those areas.
3. There is no topless sunbathing.
4. You really dont need any dressed up clothes if you dont want to. We spen t the time in shorts,t-shirts,swimwear. I only wore shoes for about 10 minutes during the whole trip and that was my flip flops because the walkway was so hot on one of the days. So,you really can save room in your case and bring one pair at the most.
5. the staff were all absolutely lovely and most spoke very good english.
6. Its worth going on the 'Island tour' which I think they do once a week. They show you some of the interesting plants and take you through to the staff area which is actually quite nice.
7.There is a shop behing reception and up some stairs. Its much bigger than I expected. It sells,clothes,swimwear,beauty products,sunscreen and a lot of different gifts to take home.
8. I think you can sign for everything on your room rather than paying with cash or card. This includes the shop,trips etc etc. The only time we needed cash was for tips at the end of the holiday. As I said earlier we wished we had got some single US dollars so we could tip the man who took our cases at the beginning of the holiday.
9. The seaplane transfer was great. I was actually dreading it and expected it to feel like a rollercoaster when we took off and landed but it was nothing like that. It was really pleasant and it was great for taking photos of the islands as we flew over.
10. The staff were,without exception,wonderful. (We are now friends with one of them on Facebook )They were smiley,friendly,helpful and although their days are long they genuinely did seem to be happy working there. Its obviously a shame that a number of them have had to leave partners and children behind in there home countries (mainly Sri Lanka, Phillipines, India, other maldivian islands) but as employers go we got the impression that they are quite well looked after.

Well,thats about all I can think of. I hope this info is useful. All I can say is it was the best holiday I have ever had and if you get the chance to go I cant recommend the place highly enough.

26  Thank 19KMS69
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I've been to the Maldives twice before (Lohifushi and Kuramathi) and wanted to take my partner as he'd never been.

We decided on Maafushivaru thanks to the rating with Kuoni and the rave reviews on here. We were not disappointed. We could not fault a thing, it was pure and utter paradise!!!

A special shout out must go to:

Shah; our waiter in the restaurant. Very attentive and polite.

The Spa Staff: Firstly we had the whole body Thai massage which was the best massage we have ever had until later in the week I had the four hand massage which lasted 1.5 hours, I emerged from the treatment room and my partner was talking to AnthonyRickard (reviewer below) and I was unable to speak to them as I was THAT relaxed!!

Kim; in the water bar was amazing and friendly and advised us to try the teppenyaki bar...OMG the kobi beef!!! AMAZING, as was everything else.

Thank you to everyone for such a special, pampered, romantic birthday.

Room Tip: Water bungalow!! The sun rises one side and sets the other. Ask for a sunset one, they're on t...
3  Thank PrincessFrag
Reviewed November 14, 2012

We wanted a relaxing break away and so thought we would go back to the Maldives and we certainly made the right decision.
The weather was gorgeous,the water villa was lovely, the food was excellent and the staff were really helpful.
We were saved by Mohammed and he always had a lovely smile for you and remembered what your names was and what you liked to drink. Amunil n the bar was also lovely and remembered our drinks each night.
We dined in the Teppanyki Restaurant which was lovely but very filling - don't eat anything beforehand. We dined with a lovely couple, Adam and Thea and had a great night.
Hubby went on the big game fishing trip and they caught two sailfish, wahoo and a tuna. They barbecued it in the evening for everyone to enjoy and we spent a lovely evening with Matt and Fatima who had caught the other fish. Thanks to Matt for the Long Island tea drinks for Steve- he really enjoyed them!
The whale shark trip was good but be careful of the boats and the sea is quite rough and so you need to be a good swimmer.
I would recommend this to anyone looking to have a luxury chilling holiday. Go all inclusive.
Val

Room Tip: Odd number water villas lose the sun in the afternoon.
4  Thank Val P
Reviewed November 9, 2012

This was our fifth trip to the Maldives and (bearing in mind always that we had married since the previous visit) by far the best. Our stay overlapped with that of the last reviewer, who certainly looked as if he was enjoying himself (as did his good lady).
At 93 km from Male a speedboat transfer is out of the question, and so a spectacular view of the islands is the warmup to arrival. Glorious contrasting deep blues in which somone has taken a pale yellow magic marker to freehand rings and loops, then filled in the centres in pale blue. Stunning.
The island is pretty small (circumabulation takes a leisured 10 minutes or so), and houses only 100 guests. They were 80% occupancy when we arrived; about 50% of these were either invisible or bedridden! We did notice that quite a few guests remained fashionably pale...
Common areas were beautifully appointed, the island having had a complete refit some 2 years ago. Pale carpets about 3" deep through reception and the bar. Oh. The wife tells me it was sand... really wore no shoes the entire time. Free wifi in the coffee shop, reception and bar caters for the email and wifi addicts - so the no news bit didn't happen. They'll rent you a laptop for $10US an hour if you need it - or if you only want to check your emails they'll let you use one of the reception computers for a few minutes foc. Kind.
One thing about the combination of the all inclusive package and shoelessness is a propensity for serious toe damage in the dark. This rather restricted my ability to put on shoes anyway - or for that matter fins! The latter turned out not to matter a great deal as I had forgotten my dive ticket. You can't dive without one (wonder if this applies to those taking a first PADI course?) and even after getting my best man to drive from Somerset to London, find my ticket, scan it and email it to me the Illustrious Divemaster still was unconvinced. So we had the other side of the ticket scanned... still no good! "Should have a number on it". Not in 1993 they didn't! An email from my certifying instructor and Tim's best efforts with the dive school directors were similarly ineffective. After 8 days NAUI finally confirmed that I was legit (only 175 dives, so a bit ropey. And I hadn't been underwater for 3 weeks) but by that time I was still hobbling and frankly too laid back to care.
I hit the Whale Shark safari with rather more luck than Alastair and Rowena.. first one I have ever seen. Made me realise how feeble snorkelling can be when trying to keep up with a big beast! 2m waves outside the Atoll made reboarding quite entertaining, but the dolphins turtles and flying fish we saw on the way back made up for that.
The rooms are excellent and very spacious. Villas 120 and 121 sit between a short pontoon and the access to the waterbungalows, and have a very pretty and almost private beach right in front of them. Very rare to have people walk past; maybe once or twice a day.
Five minutes walk from the Water Bar and infinity pool and one minute from the Japanese outfit (NOT part of the AI deal. They give you a 20% discount on drinks though... some naughty people got away with taking a carafe of wine from the Water Bar. Well, I mean... The food in the main restaurant is typical Maldivian service, with a buffet menu that rotates over 7 days. The charming breakfast/griddle chef oversees a variety of stir fries, chicken/prawn skewers, fish etc. and usually a vat of five chili curry. If your taste is for pasta or shephers pie you won't be disappointed either! One of the best meals I had was a fillet steak which was astonishingly tender. Can't remember what I had with it - it was so mindblowingly good the sides were erased.. On Mondays we went Maldivian and the choice of local dishes was manifold and highly enjoyable, if dumbed down a little to protect tender europalates.. personally I like chili in my breakfast omlette.
The staff were attentive and welcoming; Kuoni rep Nicole (Papa?) quite outstanding. She handed over to Neve (Niamh) after a week or so who is keeping up the good work. Fluent in French and Oirish too ! My only moan on the staff front was that we clearly got the laziest roomboy on the Atoll. This was reflected in his tip however, so he will no doubt seek to improve.
Tim "The Boss" is an erudite and clubbable manager, who sadly went off with wife & family for a holiday in Thailand half way through our stay. He hosted a very pleasant drinks party and apart from his inexplicable interest in the round ball game proved very pleasant company. Cheers Boss! The Honeymmon package featured a splendid four course dinner on the beach, surrounded by flame and keenly attended by Adam, who seemed to enjoy opening the fizz "Do you need Pop?" Oh - there was also a 1/2 hour complimentary jetlag massage. (un)fortunately the Memsahib is not into being massaged by strangers, so I had to have the whole hour..... On the whole a highly enjoyable trip; if only the monsoon could have blown over a little quicker we would have been not far short of perfect. We will be back!

Room Tip: We'd recommend 120/121 as they open straight onto the beach in a low traffic area.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple