We visited Maafushivaru on the second week of our honeymoon. As you are, I spent many days reviewing trip advisor and peoples pictures- and we were not disappointed at all!
When we got to Male, we were met by a Kuoni rep who welcomed us to an air-conditioned room, which was very handy as our flight was delayed by a couple of hours.
On the seaplane it was amazing to see all the islands as you fly over them, and how beautifully blue some areas of the sea can be- it really is like the pictures, but even better in real life! The flight was only about 25 minutes, and very entertaining to see the pilots fly in their shorts and take their flip flops off in the tiny cock pit!
As we landed we saw the island and also Lanobu, the sister island. We were greeted by the rep on the boat by the jetty and a couple of minutes later we were seated in the reception area with our welcome cocktails. Check in only took about 10 minutes, and our bags were taken to our room for us- already we had taken our shoes off which we didn’t put back on until we left!
I’ve read on a few of the reviews about what rooms are best to stay in, but to be honest i really dont think it mattered! We stayed in a beach villa room 109 which was round the back of the island, which did have beautiful sunsets, but there wasnt any breeze at all as this was blocked by the rooms so could become a bit too hot at times- but we would then take a walk and have a drink by the pool.( The whole island only takes about 10 minutes to walk around)
The staff were all really friendly, and we were allocated our own waiter for the week, although a few times he didnt seem to be around so we were allocated someone else which wasnt a problem at all. But the food was really nice, a good variety each day and also an omelette bar in the morning which became the pasta bar in the evening.
You also got to know the bar staff well, who also eventually got to know how you liked your drinks- they do tend to give you extremely strong cocktails, which would normally be welcomed but when its a nice relaxed atmosphere you dont feel the need to get drunk each night. In the bar area there were many board games which were available all day and night which was a nice touch.
The evening entertaining was very relaxed, with cocktails nights, a disco night, maldivian night which was a bit more lively, and a marine biology night which was in front out a projector screen on bean bags- very interesting to learn about how the islands are created/ wildlife you are snorkelling with.
Each day there was an excursion- we went to see the whale shark and also turtles, which we would definitely recommend doing, and also a sunset cruise which was free to all inclusive guests where we saw dolphins and had a glass of sparkling wine, again very nice. The island also provide free snorkels, goggles and flippers to all inclusive guests.
We also had dinner on the beach on our last night- this was a wonderful experience under the stars- again we had our own waiter who was a young lad who was very sweet and polite and provided very good service.
Around the island were floating beanbags for each room- we totally loved these and thought they were amazing! We also loved the random fatboy hammocks around the island which was lovely when you wanted to relax together.
We had a massage in the spa together, this was lovely as the sunset and you could hear the waves underneath the spa's stilts, although this is the only treatment we had.
The rooms were cleaned each day by the same cleaner, and they refilled your mini bar of soft drinks each day. On your decking you had a variance of 6 chairs/ loungers which was nice, and a tap at the front and back of your villa to clean our feet.
There is so much more I can say about the holiday and information, but it was so amazing and I would love to go there again- I would without a doubt recommend Maafushivaru to all my friends and family so please book it as you wont be disappointed!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Reached by a picturesque flight over the mysterious atolls of the Maldives, Maafushivaru is a quiet island knitted with lush flora surrounded by pure white sandy beaches and incredible turquoise lagoon. Next to the resort is the tiny desert island of Lonubo, exclusive to Maafushivaru guests. A visit to this beautiful island is a must. You can choose from daily visits for basking in the sun and snorkeling the beautiful reef, or ultimately book to stay overnight, an island just for you and your beloved, even if only for a night. Slumber at your choice of three distinct villas. Beach Villas are sited on postcard perfect beaches whilst the Water Villas are built on stilts over the Indian Ocean providing sunset and sunrise vistas that will be forever etched in your memory. For a fun filled holiday, the Pool Villa is the right pick for families or friends travelling together, featuring two separate villas with a shared pool. Summon the bon vivant inside of you with the delectable fare. Cuisine Gallery showcases a potpourri of dishes from all over the world. While 135° East is your key for an authentic Japanese cuisine displaying the art of teppanyaki and the hibachi steakhouse. Sip favourite sunset cocktails at Water Bar with eclectic evening entertainment ranging from Maldivian evenings, to laser shows and disco nights under the starlit sky. Located on the water’s edge, instill a sense of calm and quietude at the Spa with signature product line Voya focusing on healing therapies and rituals. Explore rich underwater life on the house reefs of Maafushivaru and Lonubo, where fish teem and corals bloom colourfully. Dive with whale sharks and mantas in famed spots down south. Discover the epitome of Maldives – Maafushivaru. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Travelocity, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Maafushivaru reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Maafushivaru Hotel South Ari Atoll
- Maafushivaru Tclub Hotel
- Maafushivaru Maldives/Southern Ari Atoll