TripAdvisor
North Ari Atoll
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews octopus our honeymoon small island fish sunset cruise eagle rays pool villa mini bar a la carte sea plane indian ocean sea grill all inclusive package blown away our favourite special thanks the managers
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From arrival to departure our honeymoon experience was magical. The setting, service and people that looked after us perfectly complimented each other and led to a truly five star experience. Customer service as highlighted by others was phenomenal and makes all the difference in how you feel. From being greeted by Mae before hopping onto a speedboat to be taken to the island, through to the welcome party on the pier with Mark and Laura, the high standards set were continuously met.
The dining experience, whether morning, noon or dusk was phenomenal, catering for a diverse range of guests with varying tastes and dietary requirements. Our candlelit dinner for two on the beach will be remembered forever, amazing taster menu with several glasses of Champagne whilst listening to the sea lap against the sand. From snorkelling on the house reef to massages in the spa, every little detail covered to ensure that you have the most memorable holiday imaginable.
Where else in the world can you open your curtains, look down the beach to the sea and see a turtle popping its head out of the water smiling at you!
Thank you to everyone on Kandolhu, you are amazing.

Room tip: I don't think there would be a room you wouldn't want to stay in!
1  Thank AndrewB849
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We love the Maldives a lot and like to visit regularly. Honestly, since we found Kandolhu we have not been to another resort or Island purely because this one offers so much and really is a little piece of paradise. Being our 6th visit in 5 years, we really can recommend this place. The first time we went as a couple and since then we go back with our family. The Island itself is the perfect size with so much to do and see, there are not many villas/bungalows so you are not crowded and can spend hours on a beach without seeing another guest. There are great restaurants to keep you going and we always take the Ultimate Inclusions dinning option which is excellent, you don't need anything else. The quality of the food is amazing and everything is so fresh. I've also never been to a resort where they have the same staff for so many years, such a good sign of the work ethic and the team on this island really are such a fantastic group. For the first time this year we went diving as a family and I have to really recommend the Noovilu team, really professional and helped our 12 year old complete his Padi Open water. For the second year we went on the trip to see Manta Rays and we were not disappointed, one of the best experiences ever is swimming with something so big and beautiful. We love to snorkel and the house reef here is excellent, you can spend hours out on it with so much sea life to see. The Spa is fantastic and I would really recommend it, we always use it every trip. Marc and Laura run this place so well and make sure everything is perfect for your stay, all of the staff take the time to get to know you and look after you so well, the attention to detail is second to none. The best memories for us and our family have been made here and we hope to be back again next year

1  Thank Siew Hui I
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

When we arrived at Kandolhu, we were greeted by the islands hosts Mark & Laura along with cold towels and fresh smoothies. The staff really took the time to get to know us, always greeted us by our first names and even remembered our dietary preferences . Because there aren't many villas on this island, it tends to feel as though its your very own private retreat. The restaurants are varied and delicious with beautifully presented and thoughtfully created food. We had an over the water villa with direct access to the ocean and we were very impressed. As honeymooners we had a choice between a complimentary snorkel tour or sunset cruise (we did the snorkel tour and thought it was wonderful as well as a great opportunity to get some amazing photos), a very special candle lit dinner on the beach, and a 30 min couples massage at the spa. The spa was tranquil and the therapists were great, I even opted for the 3 day spa experience and loved each treatment. We did an extra excursion to swim with Manta Rays and took a private boat to the lagoon where we swam with at least 10 different rays and our guide took some awesome photos and videos of us with them. We hope to come back here in the future as every detail of our stay on the island had been carefully considered to make our visit a memorable and special experience.

1  Thank Charles K
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

From beginning to end the holiday was faultless from being picked up by boat from the seaplane till the end of the holiday. The island was spotless and with 140 staff to service 60 guests the attention from the staff was unbelievable. With 5 restaurants to choose from the variety of food was more than sufficient and of very high quality. We're now planning a trip for our whole family.

Sue & Andrew, Norfolk, UK

Reviewed September 13, 2019

Kandolhu is a literal piece of paradise. From the moment you arrive you are treated so thoughtfully it really made us feel special. The staff make a real effort to get to know you, greeting you by your names every day and always keen to hear how your day is going and if there’s anything they can do to help you. The managers on the island are so keen to make sure you’re having a lovely stay and are always around should you have any queries. The food is honestly the best I have ever had on a holiday. We didn’t have a single bad meal in the whole 10 day stay. The cocktails are also some of the best I have ever had! I couldn’t believe the variety on offer considering how small the island was. The rooms are truly wonderful. We stayed in a water villa with a pool, and it was perfect. The wine fridge in the room was a definite added bonus, with so many options! My only tiny negative is that the outdoor bathroom doesn’t have any air conditioning. You learned to live with it though, and there are plenty of sliding doors to open to keep it a little cooler! Activity wise there is so much to do, and the team at Noovilu Sports are on hand whenever you need them. Morgan was amazing, and spent his own time giving me a lesson on how to snorkel so I could appreciate the house reef even more. I highly recommend the manta ray tour which was a highlight of our stay here. The spa is also incredibly relaxing, with lots of treatments available. We chose a couples massage and it was fantastic!

All in all I can’t rate my stay here any higher. I have never been on a trip where I have wanted to go round the island to say goodbye to staff, and I really needed to this time! Hugs were needed all round. Thank you for memories I will never forget, Kandolhu.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank emkay19