6 people are viewing this hotel
$835
View deal
Reserve now, pay at stay
$835
Official Site
$603
Priceline$835
travelup.com$738
Travelocity$835
1,117 results
All reviews ocean pool villa fish small island our honeymoon sea grill eagle rays octopus sunset cruise sea plane mini bar duplex villa indian ocean beautiful island sea life management team curry all inclusive package
Selected filters
Reviewed September 9, 2016 via mobile

We spent 7 nights on this beautiful island and cannot fault a single part of it. Every inch is immaculate and the service is flawless.

We were fortunate enough to stay in a beach villa as well as an ocean pool villa and wow to both. These villas are designed so well, and give the feeling of complete privacy and a ridiculously incredible level of luxury. The most tastefully done bathrooms I have ever seen with every angle of the villa boasting breathtaking views of beach, private pool and ocean. The mini bars are stacked with an extremely well selected variety of delicious wines from all around the world. Playlists on your own iPad and docking stations with wonderful music to suit the setting and time of day.

A surprising variety of mouthwatering dishes from 4 beautifully done restaurants. We were fortunate enough to meet a passionate French chef who showed his talent throughout our stay in tantalizing dishes. Truly world class. The rooms were so divine that we did not want to leave them some days so ordered room service which was just as delightful.

Every member of staff greets you with a genuine smile and are only too happy to make any request attainable, lovely and kind people.

All in all, this island is the most beautiful part of the earth I am yet to see and Kandolhu really is the best run establishment I am yet to stay at. They really do their setting justice. Perfection.

Well done all around and thank you. We will be back for sure.

G&G

3  Thank GrantsAdventures
Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

I have never experienced such relaxation as I have here.

The overwater bungalo was a joy, particularly seeing sharksand turtles swim by! The were very windy - we came during the wet season - but still a delight.

The staff are attentive without being overbearing and there are a range of activities available at the resort (beyond the amazing snorkling!)

It is definately worth upgrading to all inclusive to make full use of the minibar, and house cocktails. Food and drink is pricey (though delicious) and without upgrading you can easily break the bank!

Do book into the amazing japanese restaurant...several times. Try everything on the menu if you can! That said, every restaurant we ate at was perfect (though we did not try the italian redtaurat having just come from the italian leg of our holiday).

Do book yourselves in for a massage in the spa - it was the best massage we have ever had and we walked out completely relaxed, jelly like, with dopey smiles on our faces.

We came here for our honeymoon and I have to say it is the best decision we have ever made...including getting married!

3  Thank Gillian M
Reviewed September 4, 2016

My wife and I have recently spent 7 days on this island. We have been to the Maldives before to Mirihi and I think that overall the 2 islands are about on par. There is absolutely no doubt the food is better on Kandolhu - sensational even, with 4 good options. We visited Mirihi last year apparently before one of the "Sea Temperature Rises" ( what you haven't heard of them?) that have affected the coral quite significantly on many islands. So it maybe that this time last year Kandalhu had a better house reef. Unfortunately whilst I would say the house reef is still good- plenty of turtles/ sharks and anemone fish- I think words like "amazing" and "the best in the Maldives" are no longer true. The staff on both islands were attentive and friendly. Both gyms were good and the opportunities to see the setting sun was superb. We dived on Kandalhu. Walter and Dorianne the dive masters, were enthusiastic and professional. However the island's middle management was very average. Eg 1: We were forced to wait in Male for 3 hours before getting our connecting seaplane. Some forethought and proactive decision making would have helped here. The communication as to what was going on and when we were likely to travel was absolutely non-existent. Eg 2 Similarly the pickup at the end of our trip was delayed so instead of staying on the island, we sat in very choppy seas for 20 minutes inhaling the connecting speedboats diesel fumes. A simple call to the seaplane would have resolved the issue given the trip from Kandalhu to the pick up is less than 10 minutes. Finally and this is the big one for me, despite there being only 35 guests on the island when we there ( yes-great!), we only saw the husband and wife managers on 3 occasions and never together. A brief welcome, a brief goodbye and when solving a problem with our room. On this last occasion Laura handled the issue very reasonably and efficiently. On Mirihi however, the manager made a point of coming around to each table EVERY night and making sure everyone was happy. You can't fake that level of genuine attention or delegate it to well meaning minions. I also note that Mirihi on the trip advisor pages always responds to the comments - takes some effort but wow.
So if you want a quite island with beautiful beaches and wonderful food- this is actually a 5 rating for you. If you want those attributes and a great house reef, Kandalhu is a 4 rating, but if like me you were led to expect both those things but also a committed communicative management team, well-its a 3. I admit a 3 maybe a bit harsh but I think this review is needed to balance the ones we read that led us to come here that in my opinion slightly oversold Kandolhu's virtues. If you go ahead now and book knowing what I have shared, I am sure you will have a great experience.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
21  Thank EyeandFly
Reviewed August 29, 2016

The service from start to finish ensured we felt special, whilst feeling like the only couple on the island. The honeymoon treats of a meal on the beech, couples massage and sunset cruise ensured that this feeling never went away.

The duplex pool villa was unbelievable. Spacious, luxurious and ideal for sunbathing on the beach or relaxing in seclusion. The balcony was ideal for drinking wine and enjoying both the sunset and the stars.

The island is the perfect size for privacy, relaxation and romance. Despite this however, the four restaurants and bar ensure that every evening is different. The staff are out of this world and are excellent at remembering preferences, discussing local life and generally ensuring you are both relaxed and cared for at all times. The spa was outstanding, which inspired us to return on several occasions.

We planned a honeymoon in the Maldives thinking that this would be the type of holiday we would only do once and that our honeymoon seemed the ideal time. This opinion has now changed and we are already planning our next visit to Kandolhu.

Room tip: Duplex Beach Apartment combines space and luxury and I would recommend ahead of ocean villas.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank dazcasey116
Reviewed August 29, 2016 via mobile

Only two days in and it's wonderful. Peaceful. Barefoot elegance. Food's great. Reef's great. Spa great too. Service discreet, friendly with a smile. We are on the all inclusive and I would recommend that. Travel from UK was OK. Weather here is late monsoon but you can still get burned - beware.

5  Thank JimmyD795