“bugs”
Review of Permai Park Inn

Permai Park Inn
Ranked #14 of 35 Hotels in Kuala Terengganu
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Had to stay here for business trip, and arrangements had been made prior to arrival by company. All I can say is "yuck". The lobby is shiny and nice and that is it. The rest of the place needs a serious updating and cleaning. The first room I was put it smelled of mold so badly I asked to be moved. I dont know if the second was better or my nose just stopped working because it didn't appear any cleaner. Little bugs all over the bathroom, and the towels were so worn you could see through them.
The breakfast and diner were okay with plenty of variety, and the pool was clean. No internet available in the "economy rooms" so had to go to the lobby everyday to do business online.
All in all I believe there are better hotels in KT and hopefully if business takes me there again I will stay elsewhere because until this one is updated I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I attended a course conducted in this hotel. It is quite a distance from the city centre, so you need to book a cab to go to the town. However, it is very near to the beach where you can find a lot of food stalls there. The hotel was originally with one wing only, and they have added a new wing to the hotel. I felt that those 2 wings represent 2 different 'worlds' as the old wing looks very old and the new one looks very chic and modern. Unfortunately I got the old wing whereas my other colleagues go to stay in the new wing. The breakfast buffet was interesting as they offered plenty of varieties especially on the local food like nasi dagang and nasi kerabu. However, just a bit frustrated that omelette was not available here, just half-boiled eggs. There is no connection from the old wing to the new one, so you need to go to the ground floor first, and it is quite a distance. My course was in the new wing, so when I left the room, I didn't go back to my room. The staffs were okay. I ordered room service while staying here, and the sandwiches were so awesome that I have ordered for it twice! One thing about the room service was after eating, the plates were in my room for 2 days before the housekeeping took them out, but it was still there until I checked out of the room. I guess maybe they just forgot, or it is just too far to take back their plates :) Overall, I would say it is an average hotel

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 3, 2012

This actually werent our first choice, as me n my friend was looking for a cheaper chalet/hotel. Was priced at 180 per night. TV was pretty small. Have all necessities like the mini refrigerator. Bathroom was clean. Room was clean. We're pretty relieved when we see the room. Not bad and quite okay. Breakfast was great. Got some malaysian foods as well as western (omelette, salad and cheeses). Worth saying here. But since there's a lot more hotels in Terengganu, i may choose a cheaper option next time. Otherwise, it was okay. :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed May 24, 2012

This is a very large complex and was not our first choice in KT.Others we chose were booked out.
Have no idea how old it is, but it needs some serious maintenance. While having breakfast my husband felt a drip on the back of his shirt and on looking up found that the ceiling was leaking from a huge mouldy patch above him! The room was pleasant enough & the bed was very comfortable, but it was the third hotel in a row that did not have a toilet that worked properly! We simply flushed it by using the hose in the wall!
Breakfast was goo (included in the price) and the staff were polite and helpful. The surrounding garden and layout was interesting. Did not watch TV or use wifi. A port in a storm for which we were grateful, but would not return.

Room Tip: Am not sure if there is a good one!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 4, 2012

This hotel is badly in need of an update. I was feeling good about things when we went to check in because the lobby was nice but that is where it ended. At least the sheets were clean but that was about it. I knew that we would only be there for one night so I just endured but I doubt that I would ever stay there again. The staff was nice and the roti canai was very good though.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2011

Not bad... I managed sleep through like a log!! Buffet breakfast was kind of average, so don't expect much of fancy breakfast..

Room Tip: Choose the new wing..
  • Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed July 12, 2010

friendly reception, bedroom was ok since we stay at the new wing, only the bathroom have a lot of water stain. breakfast was good especially nasi kerabu so delicious but have to wait to be filled up. Overall enjoy staying here

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends