“Spacious rooms in a dated hotel”

Primula Beach Hotel
Ranked #25 of 35 Hotels in Kuala Terengganu
Reviewed April 8, 2009

We had a spacious room in the high part of the hotel (8th floor). For using the balcony you have sign. When you did you are not able to close the door anymore. Besides that it's an extremely small balcony with no chairs to sit on. We preferred the south side because on the north side the rooms are looking at a subburb area and a harbour under construction. The atmosphere of the hotel is dated but the staff is very frendly and helpful.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed April 1, 2009

Spent a night at Primula Beach Resort and I guess the best thing to sum it all is... its a very dated hotels. The entire hotel needs an upgrading. Rooms are probably the same as it was when it first open its doors back in the 80s.

I was given a room on the ground floor. Easy access to the beach and the pool. But unfortunately, it was raining the whole day. This of course is not the hotel fault. However having a dying cockroach by the toilet bowl is rather disgusting.

Surprisingly, they only gave 2 very soft pillows for a King sized bed. It took housekeeping nearly 3 hours to sent additional pillows.

Breakfast was rather normal. It was crowded as early as 7am! But I understand from the staffs it was a school holiday in Malaysia.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 23, 2009

This hotel is one of the high rated hotel within the Kuala Terengganu town, don't really live up to the expectation. The ambiance is poor in the reception and since this hotel is rather old, so does the furniture in the lobby as well as the room.
The food is rather tasty especially on the local delights, however short of variation on the buffet table.
One good thing about the room is that they have 2 super single bed that can occupy four of us (2 adults + 2 children) and the mattress is very comfortable. Nothing interesting apart from that. We stayed here as a transit to Pulau Redang on the next day.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed January 16, 2009

I stayed in a twin bed room garden view with my friends.The room is big.The bathtub/shower is clean.The air-cond,television, heater..everything is well working.The location is great for those who come for shopping at the Pasar Payang.Just few minutes walking.Besides they also offer shuttle to town. The staff (receiptionist,bell man) are very helpful.The sorrounding is awesome. You can play beach sport at the Batu Burok Beach which is at the back.Breakfast might need improvement.Outside food are better than buffet here. Anyway, I'll recommend this hotel as one of the best hotel in Terengganu.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Arepeace21
Reviewed December 16, 2008

Just back from Primula and my comment, it's great !..
I was booked the hotel since last month and got a very good price for the room rate..almost 40% discount from normal rate through travel agency.

Arrived there around 9.00am and just try my luck to check-in but unluckily not successful due to all fully booked for previous day but the best thing is, the staff will inform me if there any early check-out..then after 1 hour, I was informed that my room was ready for me...

The room is nice, seems they just refurbished the furniture since its much difference compared from their website. Everything was available as for 4 stars hotel..so no complaint from me and my family..:)

They have a nice private beach and pool. Spend lots of time playing kite at beach.

The food ? emm...had breakfast and lunch in their Rhusila restaurant and for me, the food was average..not much choice but its ok for the rate charged !..

They also provide a shuttle van to Central Market at Kuala Terengganu which is 5 minutes from the hotel. Its free and the driver also very nice and friendly. One thing, you will save about RM20 return if you use taxi to the same place...

Overall, I will come and stay in Primula again if I come to Terengganu in future..

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank fireballz
Reviewed December 2, 2008

Stayed in here from 30 Nov until 02 dec 2008.

When we arrived in the designated room, we found that the sliding door for the balcony was locked. One of the hotel staff offered to pick the key for us. However, until the last day of staying, the staff doesnt appeared and we also dont bother to ask anymore for the key. Hopeles...

2nd night of staying, due to not so good of weather condition, we decided to have our dinner at Moombai Cafe (one of the hotel's cafe). I ordered Nasi Air while my roomate ordered Fried Kuetiow. Since I've tried the nasi bubur the night before, and it is not bad (but a bit oily due to the soup), i had ask them to serve the nasi Air separately with the condiments. Unluckily of me, they only served me an empty nasi bubur with soup and little condiments without ant chicken meats or what so ever that I had last night. After some arguements, they came with very pale looks of beef meat. And the taste? Very bad!

Too upset with the Nasi Bubur, I then ordered Nasi Lemak hoping that the Nasi Lemak will taste at least better. And guess what? Also the same. I tried to eat 1-2 spoon of it before decided to pay the food bills (cost me RM20) and return to our room and tried their room service menu.

For the room service, I ordered fried rice (RM24.70). The taste? Seriously not as expected again. Tastes like plain rice mix up with the soy sauce without frying! Not worth it for the price!

The next morning (02 dec 2008), we checked out from the hotel and again had long arguement with their front desk staff. She waste our time arguing unnecessary things that she shouldnt. She confused herself which we also dont know why.

The nightmare doesnt end until the next day we arrived at our office. When we checked the copy of the bill that they gave us, again got other problem when the staff wrongly gave one wrong bill to us. Me and my roomate seriously not happy with the experience that we had with the hotel's staff. Very irritating and annoying! We hope, this will be our 1st time and be our very last time to stayed in here! Seriosuly need BIG improvement escpecially on food and their trained staff!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled on business
1  Thank Amisah
Reviewed October 31, 2008

We booked for 5 nights and left after 2. The deluxe rooms all have a balcony but they are too small to be useful and the hotel has no furniture for them. A seaview means mainly overlooking a car park. We found the food very poor except from the fish from the outside BBQ in the evenings. Although the hotel staff are pleasant they have neither the training or authority to do anything unless you can get to at least the assistant manager. Even though we advised them of our earlier departure, we were unable to even discuss a refund at departure as the assistant manager was in a meeting of unknown duration. We also found little of interest in the town and walking is clearly not something anyone does except on the roads as pavements have not been thought about and even the tourist office can only be accessed directly from the road.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple